Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi Porkpie,

When it comes to the suspension of the original Sure Signals, the reason for this could be a number of things including a security patch that was supplied.

Unfortunately once the sure signal is in this state we are unable to remove the suspension on the Sure Signal.

As this was purchased second hand and replacement would need to be obtained by the original owner.

@ tonytango, I have taken a look at this for you and can confirm that the number you have provided has now been added to the Sure Signal for you.

James

thanks james
blackberry storm 2
nokia n97 mini x6
sony Ericsson satio
htc touch 2
htc hd2
samsung galaxy s x3
nokia e65
htc desire hd x2

so far this year

When trying to add a new user via the Sure Signal web portal I have been receiving the following error for over a month:

"Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre."

Any ideas?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MrDerp

Thanks for your post here.

I know this may sound basic but is the number definitely on Vodafone? Not on any MVNO network such as ASDA?

If it is definitely a Vodafone number please refer to post 1 in this thread (Can be found here) for information on how to contact us and what information we need from you.

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you could advise me a little about a Sure Signal box I've been given. (Serial No: 21223468048). I've tried registering it, but got the error message about online problems. I kept getting this over the course of a week so I tried calling the helpline. They then advised me that the Sure Signal had been suspended but couldn't give me reasons why, or what I could do to unsuspend it?

Basically, is there any way in which I can get the box working? I notice in previous posts, your admin members advise on getting the original owner to do something (but all the advice was given by pm unfortunately for me), this wouldn't be a problem so any help you can give would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

John.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts.

I'll answer each of you in turn.

@ jongleurs - Your device is showing as suspended and we need to replace it for you. I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

@ jeffml - I've added that number for you now. It seems there's been a technical issue that's now resolved. Let me know if you need anything else.

@ Warfrog - I've also done the same for you.

@ Pineau - Likewise, the number you've been trying to add is now in the access list.

L:et me know if you need any further help guys.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on how I've handled your query today - eForum Survey

Cheers,

Lee

Cheers lee! Will let you know if any further problems
Much apPreciate your fast reply

@Lee wrote:

@ jeffml - I've added that number for you now. It seems there's been a technical issue that's now resolved. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you for the help.  I now see her number listed (with country code 44 in front) as a user on Manage Users page but can't get her phone to pick up the VSS.  She has a SGS2 just like me and works elsewhere just fine.  I've tried the following:

- Power cycle VSS

- Reset VSS with Reset button

- Phone restarted

- Phone switched between Flight mode

- Location change on website.

- Every combination of the above I can think of

Each time my phone reconnects back to the VSS just fine but her phone struggles to find a signal.  Thanks in advance.

Hi Lee

Thanks for adding the 2nd number which is now showing on my Manage Users screen. Sadly husbands phone is still showing No Signal. He got the SMS while we were out today confirming he had been added but now we are home, no luck. I have reset the VSS and reset his phone (separately and together) and no joy.

He has an iPhone 4 (not a 4s) and it has been working perfectly with this VSS for over a year until yesterday.

Next step?

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the updates here.

@jeffml, I can see that the location profile has been updated however, it doesn’t look like it has re-synced after the change has gone through, I have re-synced your Sure signal (40110917768) for you now, please can you give this an hour and let me know how you get on.

@Pineau, I can see that your Sure Signal (21197186378) has been re-synced this afternoon for you, please can you let me know if you notice any changes after this has completed.

James