Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi

Yes. We rang the helpline again this pm and the nice man reduced the VSS. As of about 5 minutes ago we are BOTH connected and life is good again.

Thank you. Even though the problem was really frustrating I have appreciated the positive attitude and quick response from the vodafone helpline and tech team people.

That should of course say resynced not reduced ^ !

@James wrote:

@jeffml, I can see that the location profile has been updated however, it doesn’t look like it has re-synced after the change has gone through, I have re-synced your Sure signal (40110917768) for you now, please can you give this an hour and let me know how you get on.

I tried resyncing and resetting and now just sits with only the Power light lit.  Nothing else.  I've reset my router and DSL modem and then restarted the Sure Signal and gave it a few hours each time but the same status.  I'll let it sit overnight and see if it comes back to life.

@jeffml wrote:

@James wrote:

@jeffml, I can see that the location profile has been updated however, it doesn’t look like it has re-synced after the change has gone through, I have re-synced your Sure signal (40110917768) for you now, please can you give this an hour and let me know how you get on.

I tried resyncing and resetting and now just sits with only the Power light lit.  Nothing else.  I've reset my router and DSL modem and then restarted the Sure Signal and gave it a few hours each time but the same status.  I'll let it sit overnight and see if it comes back to life.

Still nothing this morning.  Tech Team, could you please check if you see something wrong?

Hello Tech Team,

First of all, I must say that I'm really disappointed by the need for Sure Signal, the very device and this website. One would expect that the Vodafone network would have decent coverage in SW London, but in our ground floor flat we have almost no signal. So off to buy the Sure Signal box (spending another 50 quid)... which finally arrives to the Vodafone store a week after ordering.

Picked it up, it then turns out it doesn't work with my Blackberry.

Trying to set it up so it works with my husbands iPhone 4S, and this website isn't very useful. Keep seeing

"Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre."

Called the help center by phone on Saturday, who stated they cannot access my account as it's a Bank Holiday weekend..
Saturday the Dasboard worked, today it's showing that it's "impossible to process the request."

Adding users hasn't been possible for the last couple of days (see message above)

So here you go, I hope you lot can help us out.

SureSignal serial number: 40120950072

Mobile number that needs to be added: (removed for customer privacy)

Looking forward to hearing from you, I hope this experience with Vodafone is more positive (another crazy thing, why on earth do I need to have separate accounts for the eForums and for the My Vodafone??)

Thanks!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jeffml

Thank you for your post and for keeping us updated.

I have checked and all seems well at this end, please can you perform a speed test and a ping test and post your results back here, please can you also provide us with your external IP address.

Many Thanks

Hi anya

I am sad to see you are having difficulties with your Sure Signal and I would love to assist you with this.

I have resynchronised your device, please can you let me know how you get on after an hour.

If you are still having difficulties please can you also perform the tests above and post your results back here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

@DaveCD wrote:

Hi jeffml

Thank you for your post and for keeping us updated.

I have checked and all seems well at this end, please can you perform a speed test and a ping test and post your results back here, please can you also provide us with your external IP address.

Here are the results:

External IP: 86.145.118.50

Speed Test: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1884558521.png

Ping: http://www.pingtest.net/result/60594787.png

I can get you a wireshark capture if that helps.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jeffml,

Thanks for getting those screenshots for us.

The speed test shows the download speed particularly is pretty close to the minimum recommended, so this could cause issues with the Sure Signal, especially if something else is using the bandwidth at the same time. That said, with one line working the connection is less likely to be the issue.

The IP address is also whitelisted so there's nothing of concern there.

Given that one number seems to work OK but not the other, can you confirm for me what exactly happens with the Sure Signal lights when your wife tries to make a call for me?

Also, can you swap your SIMs over and see if the issue follows the SIM or the handset?

Let us know how you get on.

Dave

Dave,

I think you missed my post from earlier. None of the lines are working now.  All lights are out execpt for the power light.  Watching with wireshark I'm able to see it has an active VPN (ESP traffic back and forth with 212.183.133.179) but never brings up service.

When I reset the device yesterday (holding reset button while powering on) I was able to watch it establish the VPN and download new firmware (I assume) and then reset itself with the new firmware.

Obviously I can't see anything besides IP traffic but can you see on your side what the status for my device shows?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jeffml

If I’m honest, you connection speed is so close to the limit, it could be this that is causing the issue.

I really need to see some stats on the connection quality. Can you perform a traceroute for me please? If possible, do a couple throughout the day so we can get a couple of examples.

-For XP just click Start > Run and type cmd then hit enter
-For Vista/Windows 7, press Start and type cmd into the search bar
-Right click the result and click "Run As Administrator

Once you're in the command prompt type in pathping 212.183.133.181

Thanks

Wayne