Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi a904lea

Thanks for coming back to me here and for providing the serial number.

I’ve just had a look into this and can confirm the number you are trying to add is not a Vodafone number. This will be why it’s failing.

Please let me know if you need anything else and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne

That makes sense. The number is being ported to Vodafone on Monday, but I thought I would get ahead of the curve and have the number set up on my Sure Signal beforehand. It would have been helpful if the online system gave a more helpful response - crashing with an explosion of code on screen is not very elegant!

I'll add the number on Monday after it's been transferred. Will I be able to do this as soon as the transfer has taken place or will there be a delay while internal systems update?

ANDREW 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi a904lea

Thank you for your post.:smileyhappy:

As soon as the number is ported across to Vodafone this will also be updated on your account and you will be able to add this to your Sure Signal device.

Please let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Number was ported to Vodafone successfully 24 hours ago but I am still unable to add it as a user to my Sure Signal. Mostly I am getting this error message after confirming the addition, "Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form. Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre."

One time it appeared to have added, but when I logged out of My Account the phone clearly wasn't working with Sure Signal as it had zero signal. When I logged back into My Account, the new user had disappeared! One one occasion I had the 'code explosion' on screen the same as when I was trying to add the user before the number was ported to Vodafone, but mostly I am getting the 'technical problem' error message. I have tried adding the number with the leading zero in place and replacing it with 44, but both fail.

Sure Signal working fine with main handset. Ported wife's number from Orange to Vodafone 48 hours ago but I am still unable to add it as a user to my Sure Signal. Mostly I am getting this error message after confirming the addition, "Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form. Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre."

One one occasion I had the 'code explosion' on screen the same as when I was trying to add the user before the number was ported to Vodafone, but mostly I am getting the 'technical problem' error message. I have tried adding the number with the leading zero in place and replacing it with 44, but both fail.

I am getting grief because at least there was some signal, albeit poor, on Orange, but now she has none at all on Vodafone!

Sure Signal serial number is 40120526799.

I am getting this on screen now when I try to add the new user :Sad_face:

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:
com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is:
javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is:
com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is:
javax.servlet.ServletException
at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
at $Proxy68.getMarkup(Unknown Source)
at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49)
at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37)
at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156)
at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135)
at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42)
at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665)
at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__template5col_01._jspService(__template5col_01.java:145)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:394)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:309)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runOutbound(Lifecycle.java:186)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:140)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:419)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.processControlTree(UIServlet.java:305)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:779)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
at com.cj.trim.trimFilter.doFilter(trimFilter.java:86)
at com.vodafone.couk.micrositeintegration.filter.MicrositeIntegrationFilter.doFilter(MicrositeIntegrationFilter.java:185)
at com.vodafone.couk.filters.UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.doFilter(UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.java:147)
at com.vodafone.couk.filters.PartialHoldingPagesFilter.doFilter(PartialHoldingPagesFilter.java:61)
at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectsFilter.doFilter(RedirectsFilter.java:113)
at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:531)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:266)
at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.longToSEOURL(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:451)
at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doPost(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:139)
at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doGet(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:108)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3251)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181) 

I've fired off a few PMs in the hope of getting a response. I have tried emailing customer service but haven't had a reply. I phoned customer services but all I got was a bulletin about a known issue with registering new Sure SIgnal boxes read out to me. I was then transferred to another dept. and the line went dead as soon as the call was picked up. I clicked a link to fill in an online form and the page did not exist. I tried phoning an 0845 number for VSS support I found elsewhere in this forum and the number is disconnected.

What is the correct route to speak to someone about the technical issue I am having?

By the way, I have tried 3 different browsers (Opera, Chrome and IE) on two different PCs and get the same results before anyone suggests it's a browser issue.

Yes, I am getting frustrated! 

Hi a904lea,

Thanks for your posts here and your PM’s.

I have taken a look at the registration and tried to add the number for you without any luck.

However, there are currently two things that potentially could be an issue;

1. We need to wait a few days for the number to be showing on the database after the port has been completed.
  2. There could be an issue with the Sure Signal registration preventing the number from being added which should be resolved by de-registering and re-registering the Sure Signal

James

Hi,

DaveCD (Tech Team) advised, "As soon as the number is ported across to Vodafone this will also be updated on your account and you will be able to add this to your Sure Signal device." Now you are saying that it's necessary to wait for the number to propagate fully around your network. Which is correct? If waiting is necessary, then how long? It's already been more than 48 hours.

All I want to do is add my wife's Vodafone number to my Vodafone Sure Signal. It works fine for me but that is little comfort to my wife who has migrated to Vodafone on my instruction and now has zero signal at home. I am, in her eyes, 100% to blame for this situation and she is making her feelings known!

Please, just tell me in simple terms, what needs to be done to rectify the problem in the shortest possible time. She may only be little, but she's fiery when annoyed and I am on the receiving end!

Hi a904lea,

To be honest it is hard to say exactly where the problem lies.

As a rule the number should be fine as soon as the port has completed however, I have seen instances in the past where it has taken 3-4 days before the number can be added.

I would try to deregister and re register the Sure Signal including your wife’s number when you register again as this will rule out a registration issue.

Alternatively if possible I would try to add a different Vodafone number to the Sure Signal as this will identify if it is a number specific issue or an account or Sure Signal dashboard issue.

James