Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi Ben - any luck with resolving the issue with my device? The device was only deactivated last week by its previous owner (Vodafone should have a record of this). I need to use the sure signal urgently as the network where it's currently plugged in is extremely poor.

thanks

I have the same issue as alastairhouss reported. Can someone from the vodafone team help me please. Thanks

mushnafen
Not applicable
My groundfloor flat is unable to receive a signal with Vodafone, so I purchased theUnsure Signal kit. Problem solved. And yet not...

I purchased the kit in August. At that time I had to hold 5 or 6 conversationswith Vodafone to get it correctly functioning - we had to open ports on thewireless router, and reset it on countless occasions. Finally it seemed readyto function.

After 3 weeks it stopped working, the box was flashing a solid power light, andno other lights were on. Several more conversations with c/s and they concludedthat the BOX was at fault. It was sent to Vodafone for repair, and it arrivedback a week later. I plugged in the new box, connected it and still the powerlight was solid and alone.

I've spent the last few days constantly calling c/s, and have had the followinghappen - 1) the last 2 calls were cut off (I assume I wasn't hung up on...?),2) last night I was told that the box wasn't MY box and in fact registeredto someone else, and definitely wasn't the same one that went in for repair, 3)I received a text message referring to me as Luis - my name ins Matt - inthe HP1 postcode area (I won't write the full details here, because Iapparently have more understanding of people's personal data than Vodafone seemto!) and that my Unsure Signal is ready to go.

I then logged onto the Vodafone website, and can clearly see that the boxbelonging to Luis is now tied in to my account, IN ADDITION TO my original boxwhich had gone out for repair. I of course only have the one box. And I canonly assume that someone else has my box and data?!

During one call to the c/s team last night, some of the other lights brieflycame to life on the box. I told the operative this as "exciting" towhich he giggled. He then said he was putting me on hold...but infact -unbeknowns to him - didn't block the microphone at all. So I get to hearhim continuing to laugh saying to his colleagues "I have UK, UK, England,he is excited at the lights!! Excited!! UK England are excited". What onearth am I supposed to make of that episode? I am a figure of amusement forthem, when in fact this is a far from amusing situation.

It is worthadding to this that I am extremely proficient in IT issues, networking,computers and systems. I have carried out not just the obvious reboots, but themore complex procedures that are on the various online forums. From speaking toVirgin (my ISP) it would appear that Unsure Signal is incompatible with Virgin,as Virgin offer a nonstatic IP. If this is the case, it is likely to explainalot of the frustrations your customers are finding with the kit. Is this thecase?

So, the situation is that I am spending alot of my valuable time to try to sortthis out. And it costs me money each time to call the c/s team because I haveto do it from another network, hence it isn't free. And I am gobsmacked by therudeness of the c/s team - to have had the call "dropped" twice, inaddition to the mockery that they seemed to think was acceptable. And the wholekit is utterly ineffective.

I want this to be fixed, and want to invest no more of my time or money on thematter, because I've pretty much had enough of this charade.

I need to have the current sure signal box registered to me and the old one that vodafone have back de-registered to me!!!!

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting. I've just responded to you on the other thread here. Please see my reply there for further details.

George
eForum Team

salukigirl
4: Newbie
I have just purchased a Sure Signal as I am a Community First Responder for hte Ambulance Service and all our jobs come through a vodaphone corporate contract phone. I get hardly any signal at home so I bought a SS as I also have a vodaphone contract phone,
I set it up last night and waited for about 3 hours for it to work. Problem is that it is giving my personal phone a full signal but not the Ambulance service phone.
Any ideas?

salukigirl

I have just purchased a Sure Signal as I am a Community First Responder for hte Ambulance Service and all our jobs come through a vodaphone corporate contract phone. I get hardly any signal at home so I bought a SS as I also have a vodaphone contract phone,
I set it up last night and waited for about 3 hours for it to work. Problem is that it is giving my personal phone a full signal but not the Ambulance service phone.
Any ideas?

Just wanted to add that I have recieved the confirmation text on the Ambulance phone to say it is set up.

philip42h
16: Advanced member

Just wanted to add that I have recieved the confirmation text on the Ambulance phone to say it is set up.
Is the ambulance service 'phone 3G enabled? The VSS is 3G only.
Philip

salukigirl

Is the ambulance service 'phone 3G enabled? The VSS is 3G only.

Oh no, don't say that! How would I find out?
It is a Nokia but I can't find a model number.

philip42h

Oh no, don't say that! How would I find out?
It is a Nokia but I can't find a model number.

On my old Nokia the number is on the front, bottom right hand side, and, if I remove the battery on a label adjacent to the SIM card. You can then look it up on the Nokia website. Also, you may be able to swap the SIMs between the two 'phones - if the ambulance service SIM works in your personal 'phone it is likely that the ambulance service 'phone is the problem ...
Philip

salukigirl

On my old Nokia the number is on the front, bottom right hand side, and, if I remove the battery on a label adjacent to the SIM card. You can then look it up on the Nokia website. Also, you may be able to swap the SIMs between the two 'phones - if the ambulance service SIM works in your personal 'phone it is likely that the ambulance service 'phone is the problem ...

Argh! I can't work out how to get into the battery to see what the number is and there is nothing on the front. Thanks for your help anyway, I bet that is the problem!