Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

IainC
2: Seeker

Hello. Thanks for signing me on to the forum. I have had my former employer's sure signal signed over to me at its current address (my home) where it is to remain. They have invited me to accept it. On my a/c its status is shown as 'pending owner.' When I try to register it I get an error message saying:

Sorry – there seems to be a problem. We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.  

I've tried resetting the V2 suresignal.  I'm running windows8, browser is Chrome.

Can you help with this please?

Issue resolved having called 191 and talked with senior technical department. Thanks.

Berika

Hi - I have a sure signal 2 that was deregistered in error by vodafone in January. We managed to re-register it on 15th Jan. It works fine with my phone. My daughter is now trying to add users back onto it for me, but we get the following error message:

Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

It looks like something went wrong. Please pop back later and try again.

We have been trying to add users over several weeks now and the error message is always the same.

The sure signal power and system lights are both on. The phone light is off.

Operating system is Windows Vista.

I have tried using Internet Explorer 9 and Chrome. Both give the same result.

I have accessed my sure signal by logging into my vodafone account, choosing "Manage Services", and selecting "sure signal".

Please would you advise.

Thank you

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Berika

If you're still unable to add users, Live help are available to arrange this for you. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Thank you Kay. Will wait until my daughter is next here and then try the live help.

IainC
Hi, your issue isn't really the same as I experienced, however I suggest you dial 191 if you have exhausted all other possibilities. Make sure you've all details to hand and explain the problem methodically.Good Luck! Iain

Thanks did get it sorted eventually

WorcesterRenew

I have 2 Sure Signal 1 's both are generally working fine, I recently added a Vodafone payg to one of them, it added fine, the other I have recently swapped over the administrator, and that one wont let me add a new user and keeps returning:

• Exact error message

"Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form

Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre."

• Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue

Add a suer ...

• Operating system

Windows 7

• Browser and browser version

Firefox, latest

@WorcesterRenew,

Our Live help team will be able to check this and add the number for you.

If you're still having issues, please post the serial number of the Sure Signal in question.

DaveCD