Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

I have received my Sure Signal box this morning and am unable to register.

When I go through my account to the registration page I confirm my postcode then enter my serial number and location of the device and get this error message:

Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes.

I have been getting this error for the past 3 hours. My SN is: 40114637065

Thanks in advance.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Just an update:

The recent registration issues you've been telling us about have been fixed. I've been asked to advise you to leave registration for 24 hours and to re-try and let me know how you get on.

The problem was that Sure Signals were being sent out to customers before they had been submitted into the back end system and therefore when end users were trying to register the system didn't recognise the serial number.

All serial numbers that have been sent out in the last week have now been loaded onto the database.

Cheers,

Lee

Hi there,

I'm trying to remove myself as a user on an old Sure Signal registered to someone else.

Click the Remove Me button on the My Sure Signal page and receive the following message:

Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.

Have tried lots of times over a period of weeks and no joy.

Please help

Andy

@andyu1 - If you can call 191 or contact Live help, they'll be able to remove the user for you.

This thread is now closed. 

If you're experiencing any issues, please take a look at our new and improved Sure Signal troubleshooting guide

Thanks.

killickp
4: Newbie

I have deleted my Admin account as I was having issues with my phone, thought my wifes account was an admin as well but she is not just a user.

I have my sure signal serial number can you add my number back as an admin please.

Hi,

I've been getting the following error for a couple of days...

Sorry - we're unable to process your request right now. It won't take us long to fix this issue. Please try again later.

I've had a sure signal functioning for 2 years. I'm trying to connect a new one. It has registered and I have had confirmation of this, however, your site will not let me add users. Having read through the forum this problem seems to have been going for some time.

My business account had two phones, mine the administrator and a user. I upgraded my contract recently and vodafone gave my phone a new One Net account number. This new account number is viewable from the original log in but the user phone is now the primary number. As such I cannot any longer get access to alter the old sure signal users as it's now registered to with a user as the primary number.

Telephone support two days ago said the system was just running slowly and to wait. Getting more than a little fed up now.

Regards Mark.

Hi, above problem is was sorted with the hundreds of others last night.
Some problem at your end I think.
Have managed to use an Iphone to add users as the two Win 7 64 bit PCs I tried kept returning errors on your site. Using Explorer 9 64bit.
Still need to make yet another call to get my online account numbers sorted.

Hi, I brought my Sure Signal box in store on Monday, when I got home and tried to install it all properly last night, I had some issues. 

After entering my serial number, which floor it would be on and ticking the box to accept the T&C's I clicked the next button to register & add a user, but I had a mass of errors pop up on the screen.

After trying again, it now tells me that the serial number entered is already registered, but I'm unable to find anything within my account to suggest that it's registered to my account.

Could someone please look in to matters and either remove the serial number so I can register it again or complete the process so I can add my number to the Sure Signal.

The serial number in question is: 41113731784 

If you require any further details from myself, please e-mail me on the address registered and I will be happy to supply any further details required.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew 

Hi andrewkingdon

I have now deregistered this for you. Can you try setting things up again? It may be worth trying a different browser (FireFox/Google Chrome etc) just in case it was this that caused the problem.

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions just give us a shout.

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here