Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Hi Reidar and thanks for your reply,

Firstly, I have tried to add another user on my Sure Signal account using both Google Chrome and IE8, but both browsers give exactly the same result.
The same error occurs using another computer.

I can successfully log into my account, then again to my Sure Signal account.
When I try to add a user, it works ok until the 'confirm' stage, that's when I get the error.

Thanks,
Mike.

Hello Cineriv and thanks for getting back to me.

it appears the problem is definately to do with your account, we'll have to take a closer look via email. Please be sure to reply to the email I'm about to send as this will create a new chain and allow us to investigate why this is happening.

We are in the process of upgrading our forum, as such you will not be able to reply to this post as yet, please see our'New eForum Platform' thread.

Thanks

Reidar

eForum Team

Hi Reidar,

Although I did see your reply on 23 Nov. I didn't receive any emails from you and still haven't! :smileyindifferent: 

However the problem seems to have been corrected now, and I can now add/remove users again  :smileywink:

But thanks for your help.

Mike.

I'm unable to manage my SureSignal.

Although the account shows the SureSignal registered to me, there is no way of accessing any "dashboard" or anything similar. My choice is to unregister and that's it.

IE8, WinXP, etc. 

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

HI rb14

Welcome to the eForum :Laughing_Face: it is always good to see new faces on here.

I think we are going to need to access your details so we can see what is going on here. I have therefore just sent you an email, if you can reply back to this with the relevant information, we can the see what needs to be done.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Hi

I have just added a sure signal as cant get a consistent signal without one, I have registered it online but have been waiting 40 hrs for the text and still nothing . is this usual? I cannot check My account as the web page will not let me create an account as it says  my DOB is wrong....(I think i know my own DOB)

Mark

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MarkR,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :).

It sounds like you're having issues because there's no My Account profile in place. As it's saying your Date of Birth is wrong, I suspect it's been inputted wrongly on your account. So that we can check this for you, I've sent you an email. If you reply with all the details, then we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

George

eForum Team

Received my box 3 days ago, and have been trying to register online since then. Each time I put in the postcode I receive an error message which means nothing to me.

I assume you have a system problem - could you not put a flag on the registration page to let people know?

Please confirm how I go about registering my SureSignal box. Not too impressed with the 'technology' so far.

tamsinol
Read my entry just above and that will give you a work-around.

Thanks KJBM1. I have done this and am now registered.

Just a shame the website isnt working, and that there is no notification to explain the problem.