Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi Wayne, thank you very much for sorting out the serial number issue.

I can confirm that I have now added the Sure Signal box to my home & just received the SMS.

Thank you once again for your help. Much appreciated

pinkystink
2: Seeker

ok so you have a few problems with this site.

I have attempted to click on 'contact us" which takes me to a page that says it is currently unavialbe, this has happened on several times of trying.

The SS device I have is registered and confirmed and works with my phone however I am unable to registered my husbands phone, after serveral attempts. We got the device mainly beacuse of his phone's poor signal.

I am not happy posting my details on the forum, can you please let me know how I should make contact to get this issue resolved, or advise how I should add register him, ever time it delevers an error message.

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy64.getMarkup(Unknown Source)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__col5_11._jspService(__col5_11.java:141)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runOutbound(Lifecycle.java:186)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:140)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:419)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.processControlTree(UIServlet.java:305)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:779)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at com.cj.trim.trimFilter.doFilter(trimFilter.java:86)
	at com.vodafone.couk.micrositeintegration.filter.MicrositeIntegrationFilter.doFilter(MicrositeIntegrationFilter.java:185)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.doFilter(UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.java:151)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.PartialHoldingPagesFilter.doFilter(PartialHoldingPagesFilter.java:61)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectsFilter.doFilter(RedirectsFilter.java:113)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:531)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:266)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.longToSEOURL(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:451)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doPost(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:139)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doGet(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3251)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

Thanks

I have not as yet had a response on this issue. The SS box now no longer works with my phone.

SS serial number 40113824383

Please reply

Thanks

Hi pinkystink

I’ll send you an email over to the email address that you registered with. All you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We’ll then get back to you as soon as possible to take a look at this for you.

Hi FalcoP

I’ve replied to your other thread here

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Just to say Thankyou James. 

..... For calmly sorting out something which was my basic human error.

I think at times with the forum you try and solve the problem by reading the posts and end up expecting NOT to sort the issue out as there is a lot of negativity. So to help rebalance that sending out some happy vibes!!

Hoping the unit remains stable and will test when hubby is home.!!

Thanks

jimkent01
1: Seeker

I ported 2 numbers to Vodafone a week ago; before the port my 2 temporary numbers were registered and working with Sure Signal.  Since the port, after 5 days it let me register one of the new numbers but after a week I still can't register one of the numbers.  Is this normal? How long will it take before the system will let me register the other number?

Hi jimkent01,

To be honest it should work as soon as the port has completed.

Are you still having issues adding the number?

If yes, please can you let me know your Sure signal serial number and I can take a look at this for you.

James

dave_rowland

I have recently registered a my suresignal device (21224050100).

I have a personal contract which is working correctly BUT I have also added another number to the device which is registered to my companies business account (via 3rd party) I have received a SMS to say it has been setup but have no signal, I have upgraded the user to admin status as which is still showing as pending but still no signal

any ideas?......

Hi dave_rowland,

I can see that the Sure Signal is registered with 3 numbers attached to it however it hasn’t made a connection since yesterday.

Can I ask what light sequence you have on the Sure Signal and can you confirm if any of the users can get a signal through it?

James

Hi James

I have just looked at my box and the power light is on solid, internet light is solid and the service light is solid

the user light flashes intermittantly as and when data is sent/received .

my personal line is working perfectly and has full signal and my business line has no signal