Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi Guys,

@ redsquirrel, I’m pleased to see that this is now sorted.

@ PaulOundle, I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of the team will be able to take a look at this for you.

James

I have just received a new Suresignal 3 to replace my faulty suresignal 1.

I was told just to plug it in and it would work........it would not need registering.

However after 24 hours I have steady power light and flashing internet light, which i think means that it needs to be registered.

Problem is, I have forgotten my vodafone password, have got a new one, but each time I use it the website falls down.

Can anyone help please.

My phone no is (removed for security)

The sure signal no is:40123661353.

this is getting irritating, i cant find a troubleshooting guide for the suresignal 3

Charles

Since my wife changed from a business to personal tarrif earlier this month she hasn't been listed as an SS user, nor can I add her back in.  My mobile registration continues to work just fine.  After the tarrif change I had the SS resync'd but the issue remains.  Today I have reset the box without success. 

SS Serial# 40112822602

Please advise.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Farqui,

Thanks for your post.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Had two instances where I get a new phone with a new SIM, same number but it wont pick up a signal from the Sure Signal. With the others I have managed to add dummy users with bogus numbers and it seems to kick the thing into life again but this is not working for me now.

Its almost like the Sure Signal is holding onto the old SIM card details and not recognizing the new SIM. Is this possible? Anyone come across this and have a workaround?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi grebouk, 

What handset are you trying to regioster onto your Sure Signal?

Are you getting any error message when you add the number?

Can you give me the serial number of your unit so that I can see what's happening

Paul 

I purchased my Sure Signal in my local Vodafone store and when I try and register it I am advised that the serial number is already registered.

Could someone assist?  I don't really want to publish my serial number on a public forum if this can be avoided.

Thank you.

Steve.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Steverobbo,

Welcome to the forum!

How strange! Don’t worry though, I’ve sent you a PM. Please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to look into this for you :Smiling:

You can find your PM inbox here.

Thanks

Jenny

Dont worry it is now working. I rebooted the box then removed, re-added myslelf and a bogus number. Took around 10 minutes but then picked up my new SIM.

Thanks

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi grebouk, 

That's great thanks for letting us know.  

You know where we are if you require further assistance. 

Cheers, 

Phil