Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to update the updates app

csqwared
3: Seeker

Using SmartPrime 6 and am unable to update the 'Updates' app. Phone tells me update available (5.6.0) but everytime I try it goes through the process "Installing" with the red progress bar at the bottom then finally tells me "Updates has not been installed. Try again later."

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for that, tried your suggestions but no different. As it's not that important, and everything else is working fine, I'll bob into the shop when next passing.

I'll mark as resolved and come back if necessary.

Thanks again.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Is there ample phone storage memory ?

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

csqwared

@Lee

Currently got 3.58Gb free memory.  Tried a soft reboot but 'Updates' will still not install.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Plenty of storage memory then. 

Are you updating over wifi or network data ? I'm wondering if the update is timing out due to poor data speeds ?

Current Phone  >

A conundrum. 

I do do not use that phone so if the following suggestion isn't applicable then please disregard. 

Is there any type of app settings in your setting that maybe hindering the update. 

As a soft reset isn't working then the next two avenues would be to either pop into a Vodafone store and seek assistance from the store rep. 

perform a back up to preserve the data in your phones storage memory such as pictures etc and then perform a hard reset which takes it back to the last firmware update and deletes everything. This may / may not help and should be seen as a last resort. 

http://www.hard-reset.mobi/vodafone-smart-prime-6-hard-reset/#

Current Phone  >

csqwared

@Lee

Previously been using wi-fi but on your suggestion tried my 4g network connection and still no joy.

csqwared

@Lee

Thanks for that.  The curious thing about this is that all other updates download/install quite happily.  I think I'll pop into the store at some stage and see if they can resolve it.  It's not a major issue really as, as I say, all the other downloads are working.

Thanks for your time.

I'll leave the thread unresolved just in case there is more feedback.

BandOfBrothers

No worries. 

Best of luck. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

Bit of a long shot, but here are a few things you can try:

Clear Recent Apps, which frees up a bit of working memory

In Setting|Apps, clear the data for the Updates app (you may need to clear the cache first)

Same, try uninstalling previous updates (if there are any and that option's available)

I've had similar things happen with Google Play Services after an OS update and those processes have cleared it eventually.

Thanks for that, tried your suggestions but no different. As it's not that important, and everything else is working fine, I'll bob into the shop when next passing.

I'll mark as resolved and come back if necessary.

Thanks again.