cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using PAYG dongle... can I remove age restriction with my current Vodafone account?

ALKE444
4: Newbie

Hi folks,

New user to Vodafone mobile dongles here. Having recently bought one and having set it up, I can see that I am age restricted on it. I was just wondering if it is possible to remove this without visiting a shop? Visiting a shop can be done but I am some distance away from one so it is more convenient if I can do it by another method.

I currently have an account with Vodafone for my PAYG phone, which is age verified as I top up using a debit card. Is it possible to add in the dongle SIM ID into this account so it is verified?

Thanks,

Ally

14 REPLIES 14

I removed my age restriction through live chat on the support pages, rather than going to the store as mine was miles away :Smiling:

Thanks, I am going to try that now. 

I managed to get the age restriction lifted - seemingly by reinstalling the app - then a couple hours later it is back on. This is getting ridiculous...

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ALKE444,

If you're still having an issue with this, please get in touch using the link Sarah gave you.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your input.

Yes, I am still having problems and I have just sent contacted yourselves again as per Sarah's request.

I might be getting this wrong, but i think the issue may actually be related to using the dongle when I am connected to the internet at the same time on my ISP (Virgin Media). I am in shared accomdation and there is an age restriction on the Virgin broadband connection and I think it might be a case of the age restriction on the dongle being reactivated when I hit an age restricted site on the broadband at the same time I have the dongle plugged in and connected. I cant see how this would be the case though?

Either way, is it possible to get the bar lifted in my account in a manner that will allow me to lift it myself via my online account should it be the bar be activated again for whatever reason?

Regards,

Ally

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ally,

If you've had the bar lifted once before, you can remove it again in future via My Vodafone. Just go into 'Manage my settings' to find the Content Control option. :Smiling:

Cheers, 

Ben