Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Red Plan.

Dartagnian
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Vodafone Red Plan which started in October 2016. At the time I seem to remember paying a bit extra for this because I was fed up being stiffed for £3 per day for using the phone abroad. Now roaming charges have been banned by the regulators surely this tariff should be reduced!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I get what your saying @Dartagnian but tariffs are set for the contract term. 

Using your phone abroad was at the owners discretion if wanting to pay any applicable roaming fees. 

Some info > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I will remember that when I come to renew my contract - or maybe I'll go somewhere else!!!

BandOfBrothers

The ball is very much in your court as to what network you use. 

Just please take into account some networks actively throttle their Network speeds for people roaming abroad and not all U.K Networks offer the same strengths of signal and data speeds in the same place. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Dartagnian

At the time of taking out the contract, you would probably have been given a roaming allowance in addition to your UK allowance.

If you are still on the same agreement, you will still have your roaming allowance in addition to your UK allowance to use in a roam free destination. This means Vodafone will be giving you extra for your money.

When you upgrade, with global roaming, you will only have the standard price plan but these tariffs offer more than they did last year.