cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Site 4461 at HU17 9JR, Beverley: 3G performance.

PedroC1999
16: Advanced member

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 

3G data performance at HU17 9JR, HU17 9HT, HU17 9HZ etc (serving areas of Vodafone Site 4461). Performance returns to normal when connected to other masts in area, such as 500 metres North East.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

HU17 9JR, HU17 9HT, HU17 9HZ etc

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

I have tried four different phones and three Vodafone SIMs, all of which experience the same issue in that location and work fine everywhere else. Other users experience the same issues in this particular location.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Data is either crippingly slow or totally unusable. See screenshot below showing some slow examples, speedtests often don't complete. 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

3G. 

6) When did you first notice this issue?

It's been going on ever since I started going to this area, so say six months. There has not been any issues stated on the Network Status checker each time I have looked. 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Data performance is very limited even during quiet times of the day, however it is cripplingly slow and even non-functional during lunch hours and end of work day. Take in mind, this mast serves a small area of a quiet market town, not a major city. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PedroC1999

I was contacted by a member of the Vodafone team on Monday regarding the 3G performance issue in the area and changes they had made to one of the site's sector configuration to improve performance. I tested the area today and found that performance was pleasingly uplifted as a result of the changes. 

Massive thanks to Rahim for taking appropriate action as a result of my report and thanks to the Vodafone staff who investigated the issue in such depth (I have not gone into much detail here).

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PedroC1999 I've checked all the postcodes provided and can see the 3G serving site for all locations is 10527 (4461 for 2G services). 

There's been no recent changes to the site which would impact your upload or download speeds, and it's performing as we'd expect. 

So we can investigate further, please contact us directly via the 

private message I've sent you. 

PedroC1999

Thank you for getting back to me Rahim.

I understand why you think 4461 is not the 3G serving cell for the stated areas. However, it is 4461 that is providing 3G and 2G; I have comprehensively analysed, using sophisticated software, all the other neighbouring sites for their cell IDs and cellular broadcasts and therefore it is clear that it is 4461 and only 4461 that is the problem.

I have attached a map showing the local site layout. The red circled mast, 4461 is the one for investigation. 

I would be delighted if you can confirm receipt of this message.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PedroC1999 We can certainly confirm this once you contact us via the 

private message I sent previously. 

Using our advanced systems we'll be able to pin point which site you're phone is connecting to and identify any potential 3G upload/download issues. 

PedroC1999

Thank you as always Rahim.

I have filled in and submitted the form.

I did further testing regarding the crippling 3G in Beverley today.

Images attached:

Samsung Galaxy S5 with VF Contract SIMO

Moto G 3rd Generation on VF PAYG

Both work out of this area.

I can fill in the escalations form again with these as examples in the last 24hrs if you like

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PedroC1999 I've checked our inbox, however couldn't see any emails from yourself via the registered email address within your profile. 

If you could kindly see the new private message I've sent over with details on how to get in touch. 

Please ensure to include the print screen examples to help with our investigation. 

PedroC1999

Thank you. I sent the email at 10:59 today.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PedroC1999 You're more than welcome! 

We'll reply to your email as soon as we can. 

PedroC1999

Hello Rahim.

Are you in possession of any further information regarding this matter? I notice there's a notification on the Network Status Checker for Site 10527. However, I must reiterate that site 10527 was performing perfectly each time I was having the performance issue with the site next to the rail line, 4461.