main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Vodafone Smart 4 Power - how to delete email accounts?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi - does anyone know how to delete an email account on the Vodafone Smart 4 Power? I've tried looking through all settings to no avail - thanks!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

I assume we're talking about an account in the Email app, rather than you Google account? I'm slightly surprised there's nothing in the options for the app.

If all else fails, go into Settings|Apps, then scroll down to email and tap on it, there's a Clear Data option.   Hit that and everything will be gone.   If you have more than one account, you'll have to set the ones you do want up again.   They should re-synchronise, but all your old messages will be marked as unread.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

I assume we're talking about an account in the Email app, rather than you Google account? I'm slightly surprised there's nothing in the options for the app.

If all else fails, go into Settings|Apps, then scroll down to email and tap on it, there's a Clear Data option.   Hit that and everything will be gone.   If you have more than one account, you'll have to set the ones you do want up again.   They should re-synchronise, but all your old messages will be marked as unread.

View more options
Hi. You can normally do it by going to settings, accounts, tap on email (if its in there), tap on the account to remove, tap on 3 dots in right hand corner then option to remove account should appear (at least it normally does on android)
View more options
3: Seeker

Yes I meant non-Google accounts (Yahoo, Outlook etc). Your 'if all else fails' advice worked - many thanks! 

View more options