cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why make it so difficult to view remaining data?

japo
4: Newbie

Before the latest software update all we had to do was click a  tab to get overall remaining data info sent directly to the computer – simple. Now Vodafone have done away with that and we have to go through the tedious process of going online, and of course, login in first just to get the balance. And the new Usage panel is rather pointless - it shows only data for the current session, which is already displayed in the Status panel.

Why are Vodafone so reluctant to reveal our TOTAL data use? It’s exactly the same with Vodafone’s mobile web… the only way to get an overall picture is to go online. It's so much simpler with other networks.

15 REPLIES 15

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi japo,

This is something that is already in process, we have been feeding back all of our customers comments from the Vodafone eForum from the past couple of months and it looks like these total data used options are going to be implemented into the My account pages soon.

Unfortunately the only downside we have is that we don't have any timescales for when this will be updated and made live.

James

eForum Team

IMO the old software was better and you could see how much data you have used since it was reset nice and easy to keep a eye on

new software does make you wonder if its done like that hoping peeps go over the limit to get more money off you

I have already posed this question. I used to press the 'prepay' tab and then then 'check balance account' and I got remaining data and expiration date. This no longer workds, as you say.
Was told to update software which I would not do in case it corrupted everything. The only way is to go into 'My account' which is rather tedious, to say the least.
I still maintain the fault lies with Vodafone and not the installed software from my dongle.

Odin
4: Newbie

Yes I'm having this problem not being able to view remaining date I was able to view it up untill wednesday 20/7/11 I've mailed the support team just waiting for a reply,will post up the answer when I get it .

Well the team replied to my email saying they would restore the "data bar" with in 24 hours
& they’ve done it already so a big thumbs up to voda customer support :smileyvery-happy:

not happening with me, yet.

Hi, I can't view my data usage at all - I used to be able to go to "my account" and click view bills and view remaining balance and i could see what minutes, texts and data i'd used.  Now when I go there, it just says "loading....." and doesn't load.  It's really annoying as I've just got a new phone and want to check data usage as lots of people say it uses a lot of data.

Send the support team a message telling them you’re still having problems etc, maybe it could be your software needs updating (btw what version are you using mine is 10.1.0.25677) but as you say in a previous post you don’t really want to update it, but I hope you get it sorted.

No updates, and no change with 10.0.201.23143ZTE