Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Yet another SureSignal explodes

cpearmain
3: Seeker

Here's a photo of my Sure Signal 3 that exploded a while ago when 1 month out of "warranty". The failure was announced by a loud bang, a flash and the tripping of the power circuit.

This mode of failure is well documented in this forum and Vodafone has a statutory liability for faulty products for 6 years after the date of purchase. I was promised a call back from Vodafone but have heard nothing. So what's happening Vodafone?

Sure Signal Small.jpg

24 REPLIES 24

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Thats the first picture I've seen showing that happening. !

May I highlight that the eforum is a Customer to Customer discussion board and not responded to by Vodafone.

Customer Services wouldn't see your post here.

Vodafone own and monitor the forum with Vodafone Tech Teams supporting people with Sure Signal and Mast Issues.

Their is no Account Access by any member of the eForum. Only Customer Services via 191 & Live Chat via a Computer have Account Access. A person can also write to the correspondence address at the foot of the forum page. Perhaps sending as Recorded delivery so you can track your letter. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for pointing that out. I suppose that I should have realised Vodafone weren't directly involved with this forum as my post wasn't vaped!

I have only just had the photos back from the guys that had a look at the unit for me but I will send them a written complaint with photographic evidence of the mode of failure. It'll be interesting to see what sort of response I get - they can hardly claim that the unit was DESIGNED to function/fail in this way!

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

I thought it beneficial to let you know what the eforum can and cannot achieve. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

That looks like a nasty one!

I've had a quick search ong the forum and can find 2 other threads that relate to exploding Sure Signals both around the tail end of last year. 

It's difficult to tell if it's a design fault or whether it's just a handful of faulty units. I imagine a strong power surge would be enough to kill a VSS though the mains breakers should trip before that happened.

If there is any posisitive to take from it I guess you can take comfort in the fact that it never caught fire, that could have led to much more serious consequences.

Just out of interest do you know the cuase of the failure yet @cpearmain or are you still waiting on your guys getting back to you?

thesoupdragon

That's a shocking photo, really glad it didn't catch fire...

The Team on Twitter are really good and might be able to push things along for you...

Contact them at:
@vodafoneukhelp

@cpearmain

I’m sorry to hear about this. So that we can feed this back, get in touch with us by following the instructions in this private message.

RichPea
Hi, mine exploded last week. Blew the back about 3-5mmaway from the front casing, triggered the trip switch but thankfully didn't start a fire. I'll be taking it into a Vodafone store today and will let you know how I get on. It's about 22months old.

Nabs

Just out of interest @RichPea did it have anything plugged into it at the time?

RichPea
Not in the mains socket, no. Obviously had the cable connecting it to my BT home hub v5.