Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

ajl2012
4: Newbie
@drey_p: It's been suggested already on this thread by the 'tech'' team, and I've been there, tried it, and it made no difference.

No offence, but you've been the only one on here without issues yet you appear to be suggesting that we're the ones with the problem, and that it's not the software? Everyone else but you are doing something wrong, you have no issues, so it's case closed?

If the networks stopped insisting on sticking their paws into the firmware in the first pace then the handset manufacturers could deal with any issues a lot more efficiently, as opposed to the farce we're currently witnessing.

Have you all tried switching it off, then back on again?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@ajl2012 wrote:
you've been the only one on here without issues yet you appear to be suggesting that we're the ones with the problem, and that it's not the software? Everyone else but you are doing something wrong, you have no issues, so it's case closed?

That is not what I am saying.  I said I know of quite a number of people who are on Vodafone supplied S5's that aren't having issues. At no point did I say it was case closed, rather that perhaps you should work together to work out what you all have in common on your devices - it could shed some light on the issue.  Why are some users unaffected by this update but others aren't?  That is the key question.

@ajl2012 wrote:
If the networks stopped insisting on sticking their paws into the firmware in the first pace then the handset manufacturers could deal with any issues a lot more efficiently, as opposed to the farce we're currently witnessing.

It isn't just an issue caused by networks.  When the S6 came out there was a glitch which caused massive battery drain on unbranded handsets.  Samsung weren't forthcoming on when an update would be released and it took them a very long time to release update to resolve the issue which is quite disappointing considering it is their new flagship device. 

PWIAC

ajl2012
Ha ha, stranger things have happened, mate! Hang on though, is that a red dot laser sight targeting your post?!

*cue enemy of the state theme tune*.... :Smiley_with_tongue_out:

Staying on kitkat, just a couple more months then i'm off to ee

Its fine .. they dont start work till 9 ... haha ... i tell you if i took 6 months to sort something in my job there would be alot of trouble !!

Heres an example (not my work )

A man comes to look at your washing machine ... it needs a service ... so he services it install the latest circuitry ..  after he leaves i discover my washing machine now takes 4 times as long to wash my clothes and only uses 50 degree temperature option !! .. oh damn i think .. so i phone the guy back .. he says " ok sir i see you have a problem ... we are working on a solution for you .. but i dont know when that will be .. but hey your washing machine still washes so thats ok isnt it ? ".. well i say .. "my nieghbours washing machine had a service and now his works twice as fast .. how come you cant sort mine ?" ... so i keep asking them ... and now its 6 months and my freinds washing machine is about to get a new upgrade and his will work much faster than mine now ... i am not a happy bunny i can tell you ....

Do you see now if that happened people would be straight onto watchdog .. but we are giving Voda a chance to sort it but everyones patience is running thin now !

Soundlab
What build is it ? Nothing coming through here...

Ah, I think I know the issue. I originally purchased the phone from O2 but now use a Vodafone SIM so it's probably an O2 build and update:

Build number:

LRX21T.G900FXXU1BOC7

I'm hoping the update will come at some point!

They can't hold it off for too much longer surely??

VF must be reading these posts and realise that we are all waiting to fix our currently useless phones??