Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connect router DCHP renew problem

cdc256
4: Newbie

Moved from BT Infinity to Vodafone fibre about a week ago, ever since I have been having a problem with all of the ethernet connected devices losing network connectivity (internet and the ability to ping 192.168.1.1 or any other device on the network) at least once a day.  Having played with DCHP lease length settings have now identified that ethernet connectivity is being dropped when the devices try to renew the lease after 1/2 the lease length.  The issue applies to devices connected directly to the router (Suresignal) and those on the cabled network around the house. Wireless devices are fine.  Rebooting the connected machine doesn't solve the problem - have to restart the router.  I have checked that the Connect router is running the latest firmware and have had no issues with BT Homehub for the last 6 years.

Is anyone aware of a fix or is it a known issue with the Connect?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cdc256

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some problems with your service. Your internet connection and speeds can fluctuate for the first 10 days of your contract whilst the service settles.

If you've been connected for longer than 10 days or would like to speak to someone regarding your connection speeds, our Broadband Live Chat team: vodafone.uk/2c6h5lL and we'll be happy to check everything's working correctly.

Hi Mark,

No issues with the connection - a good stable 54 up / 20 down (better than BT Infinity 2)  Issue is with the Vodafone Connect router requiring a reset at least once a day as the ethernet connection to other devices in the property drops out.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cdc256

This isn't good to hear.

Use the link provided in my earlier message and if there's a fault with the router, we'll be happy to exchange this for you.