Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activiation

Musicman100
4: Newbie

Hi my broadband should have be live yesterday so waiting. They say hopefully by Monday. Not great when we live in a rural area with limited mobile!!. It sounds like the problem other people mention no ip address assigned. Spoke to three different people this morning on the phone for an hour still don't know when it will be sorted not a great start.

27 REPLIES 27

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Is this FTTP or FTTC? Are you swapping from another provider, and if so have they stopped?

FTTC I think. Yes was fine with old provider. They obviously stopped on the 22nd and meant to be Vodafone. But still no Internet today!!

I guess that is £15 that I do get automatically for having no Internet!!

Hopefully today I need the Internet!!

This is the message I am getting

Same error in the router's Event Log under Status & Support in Expert Mode.

16.06.2022 19:19:03 system Critical CONNECTION: Failed to create socket.
16.06.2022 19:19:03 system Error SOCK_TRACE: cwmp_createClientSocket - no ip to bind to on interface wan - fail
16.06.2022 19:19:03 system Error UBUS_CLIENT: Failed to retrieve external IP address

16.06.2022 19:18:54 system Error CHAP authentication failed
16.06.2022 19:18:54 system Info CHAP authentication failed: User Object Not Foun

Any body get any idea or help.

Should have activated on Friday its now Sunday need the Internet for work tomorrow!!!!!

Ripshod

"16.06.2022 19:18:54 system Error CHAP authentication failed
16.06.2022 19:18:54 system Info CHAP authentication failed: User Object Not Foun"

Is there any reason your router would think it's 16th June? 

Try a reset via the pinhole at the back. Hold it in for a good 10 seconds. This may force it to be reprovisioned. Be patient with this step, the router may Reboot. 

If that doesn't work check your phone's working (try calling it from your mobile too). If not then go to an adviser via TOBi in the "My Vodafone" app. Tell TOBi to "go away" or that you want to "speak to a human". 

Just copied that from another post, ignore the, date!!

Yes done all that. Phone line is, fine.

Been speaking to them since Friday no change to error.

It is clearly a server issue!!

Jayach

Did you cancel with the previous supplier or did you just leave it to Vodafone?

What is the internet led on the router doing? (red or white, flashing or steady)

Just left it to vodafone. Although I did get, an email from the old supply saying you are leaving us on  the 22nd and from Vodafone saying you will joining us on the 22nd July. So they both know.

It's just, flashing red.

No ip address from the server.

Jayach

Flashing red means it's not connecting to the cabinet, so not actually a problem Vodafone can cure, except by calling out Openreach. The engineer would appear to have made a mistake when swapping you over. If it was a server error it would be flashing white.

Edit: Double check all the  connections at your end, just in case.