Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activiation

Musicman100
4: Newbie

Hi my broadband should have be live yesterday so waiting. They say hopefully by Monday. Not great when we live in a rural area with limited mobile!!. It sounds like the problem other people mention no ip address assigned. Spoke to three different people this morning on the phone for an hour still don't know when it will be sorted not a great start.

27 REPLIES 27

Hi openreach engineer here has checked everything here and it's is fine. He says it something at Vodafone end. Can anyone here help me. No service since Friday and I have an important online exam tomorrow so need Internet. Any one from Vodafone can help!!!

It is connected to the cabinet because I am getting a dsl status rate and it says it is connected. Just getting no ip address from the server which is Clearly Vodafone fault!!

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Do you still have a flashing red internet LED, or is it now flashing white?

Unfortunately no one on the forum can help as we are customers like you. However the mods will probably suggest you contact the social media team. Contact us for account specific queries - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Have you tried the live chat? https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

I have been on line chat and phone ever since Friday for about 2 to 3 hours and still no idea when the Internet will be live. It is just not good enough!!! But the openreach engineer has confirmed the is nothing wrong at my end. It is  to do with Vodafone servers. Which is what I thought all along.

Come on Vodafone this is not good enough!!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Musicman100 - I’m sorry to hear how long you’ve been trying to get this resolved and that you still haven’t an active line. We understand how important it is to be connected. My team can look at what’s happening. Please contact us through Social Media.

I have spoken to on line cha,  twitter telephone, etc s so no help. No one can say when it will be sorted. I need someone from line 3 technical to speak to. Not someone who says switch off the router for the 200th time. The problem is with the Vodafone server  as confirmed by the open reach engineer. Why can this not be fixed!!

Jayach

@Musicman100 wrote:

I have spoken to on line cha,  twitter telephone, etc s so no help. No one can say when it will be sorted. I need someone from line 3 technical to speak to. Not someone who says switch off the router for the 200th time. The problem is with the Vodafone server  as confirmed by the open reach engineer. Why can this not be fixed!!

@Jayach wrote:

Do you still have a flashing red internet LED, or is it now flashing white?

You didn't say if the flashing had changed colour?

Unfortunately 3rd line never talk directly to us customers (do they even exist?), however if it is a problem at Vodafone's end, it seems ridiculous they can't simply correct  it.

Day 11 with still no Internet!!!  Technically support still no help. Spent another 3 hours on the phone!/chat. Sent me a new router over the weekend but still better.

Still getting flashing red light!!

Can anyone at Vodafone help.

On to off that my bill is wrong!!

Will not recommend anyone to join Vodafone!! Its been a terrible experience.

With so no help in sight!!

Jayach

@Musicman100 wrote:

Day 11 with still no Internet!!!  Technically support still no help. Spent another 3 hours on the phone!/chat. Sent me a new router over the weekend but still better.

Still getting flashing red light!!

I still stand by what I said originally. If the internet light is flashing red it doesn't sound like it is successfully connecting to the local cabinet. It would normally go solid red once connected, and then change to flashing white whilst it authenticates to Vodafone.

@Musicman100 wrote:

Can anyone at Vodafone help.

Not on here, no.

As I have said before openreach has checked the line and said it was working fine. Also it was working well before the switch over day. Also the telephone line works fine out and in. I also get connected on the dsl line.  The error is no ip address.

I get, a flashing white then solid white for about three seconds and then I lose the ip address.