Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Amazon eero on vodafone connection

John_tandy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am currently in process of connection to vf after leaving another provider an have been left with a mesh network <eero 6 > which is directly connto my Nokia openreach ont is there anyway of doing the same with vf as I don't see the point of adding a vf hub as current provider uses eero directly to the ont ... any suggestions on how to make this happen for vf ?

7 REPLIES 7

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Yes, you just need to ask Vodafone for your PPPoE credentials, live chat is the easiest way to do that.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Be aware you will lose easy access to the telephone service if you do that.

I think I would definately make sure the service works fine with the Vodafone router before trying the mesh.

I also have a voip connection box which should allow calls to be made as previous sp used one to provide landlines access

Jayach

@John_tandy wrote:
I also have a voip connection box which should allow calls to be made as previous sp used one to provide landlines access

It's very unlikely you will be able to get that to work with Vodafone's VoIP service. (unless it's a Grandstream one)

It is a grandstream box

Jayach

@John_tandy wrote:
It is a grandstream box

In that case, you will want to read this (very long) thread.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Landline/Landline-phone-with-own-router-on-FTTP/td-p/2709457 

Probably best to skip through the first few pages, they were before anyone got it working.

Ripshod

It's always best to connect the ISP's router on a new service so you can test that it's working as expected. But yes, there's no problem setting up the eero mesh network later, as long as you don't mind amazon spying on you (cynical response). 

Have spoken to previous sp an they say its been unlatchedso cannot be blocked by amazon's servers will keep vf router as backup