Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband activation issue - can I cancel my contract

smith9891
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So I have been with Vodafone for just over a year and decided to upgrade to fibre. The engineer came out 26th and said he could not do it so another engineer came out the next day. All he did was connect to the grey box outside the house, never came in. So Friday morning no internet. Phoned up help and was told old BB was cancelled as had new fibre. Sent lots of pictures of the router and old style box on wall. Told open reach world not do anything as they're engineer had completed the job. Help desk said I needed to contact openreach. Days that wasn't happening do they then said they would and open reach might come back in 3-5 days. 

Then got told I needed to get my connection restarted. Told it would cost me 30% more than original and the clock would start again. I said that was not happening as how can I be without internet for two weeks. From 8:30 till 17:00 on and off speaking to people and sending more pictures of my router. Each new person wants a picture of it. Last call lasted over 2 hours and all I got was a promise of a call in 48 hours. 

So my question is an I within my rights to cancel my contract which is not up till January and just go get a mobile BB router and be back on line now. 

I'm not impressed. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @smith9891! I'm sorry for the issues you've had with the upgrade. If your old contract has already been disconnected as a part of the upgrade to the new SOGEA technology, I would recommend reaching out to our Sales team on 191 from a Vodafone phone, 03333 040191 from any other UK phone, or through Live Chat here, and they'll be able to advise of your options with regards to moving to a Mobile Broadband service

Thanks for the suggestion but talking to anyone so far far in vodafone is not an experience I want to repeat anytime soon. I was promised a call back yesterday but surprisingly no call. So yesterday I had an email hoping I was enjoying my new fibre. It would be funny if it were not such a painful experience. 

Ponda55
2: Seeker

I think we can make this cancelation.

So I went in the account thing and did a line test. It says there was a fault and asked if I wanted an engineer visit so I said yes the engineer came out and when I said his colleague just hadn't finished the job he was dumbfounded. Anyway, long story short he finished the job and broadband is now working.

Now I know that things go wrong is how you deal with them that makes the difference. If anyone at VF had told me they could have got an engineer out by issuing a button like I did I would have been a lot happier than I was. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Ponda55 wrote:

I think we can make this cancelation.

I feel a scam coming on.

Ponda55

Yes, you are within your rights to cancel your Vodafone contract if they are unable to resolve the broadband activation issue in a reasonable amount of time. It seems like you have been experiencing significant delays and have not received satisfactory support from their help :Smiling: desk. If you need internet access urgently, obtaining a mobile broadband router may be a good alternative solution. However, you should carefully review the terms and conditions of your contract with Vodafone before making any decisions about cancellation, as there may be cancellation fees or other penalties involved.

Jayach

@Ponda55 wrote:

Yes, you are within your rights to cancel your Vodafone contract if they are unable to resolve the broadband activation issue in a reasonable amount of time. 

If you had read the OP's reply, you would know that the issue is already resolved.

An engineer was sent after the OP used the line test facility.

Ponda55

your new broadband with Vodafone. Despite having an engineer come out, your internet is not working, and you have been passed around various customer service representatives without a satisfactory resolution. You have been told that you may have to pay more and restart the connection process, which you are not willing to do as you cannot be without internet for two weeks.

As for cancelling your contract, you will need to review the terms and conditions of your agreement with Vodafone. While it may be possible to cancel the contract due to the difficulties you have faced in activating the broadband, there may be fees or penalties associated with doing so before the end of the contract period. It is also worth considering whether a mobile broadband router is a viable alternative, as it may not provide the same speed or reliability as a fixed-line broadband connection. Ultimately, you will need to weigh the costs and benefits of cancelling your contract and seeking an alternative solution.

Jayach

???