Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Early termination fee when switching from mobile broadband to home broadband

orri
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I just moved house from a place which didn't have broadband to one where broadband is available. However, I still have some time left on my mobile broadband contract, now I thought that it wouldn't be a problem to just turn in my gigacube and transfer over to a home broadband contract, but it seems I still have to pay an early termination fee even though I'm just upgrading my contract from a lousy 5g connection to fibre. 
Obviously I understand charging me the 100 pounds if I were just cancelling the contract, or moving to a different provider, but for just wanting to get home broadband now that it is available? It seems needlessly cruel, and of course there is no reason for me to renew the broadband connection with Vodafone if I have to pay an early termination fee.
Hoping someone can help me navigate this, I would rather not have to move my contract to another provider, but cannot imagine staying with Vodafone if they insist on charging me to move from "mobile broadband"(a last resort service to get any internet at all) to actual broadband.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

These are two separate services @orri, if you are going to agree to a broadband contact you are going to be charged for ending the mobile broadband whilst still in agreement.

Customer Services will be able to clarify this for you, there is also the Social Team here on the form, contactable through social channels here Contact Us 

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

It swings wildly, from less than 15mbps to around 200mbps download on a good day. Similar swings with lower peaks on upload.

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Worse than I thought it would be. Let's see what the staffers can do for you when they're online.

Good luck 🤞

I had the same situation (charged for changing from mobile BB to fibre) with the same excuse that they were different products…even though, as with your circumstance, they could only offer mobile BB where I live. Pretty rubbish and not something that I had even considered given that both products are BB in the same way that copper, fttc are the same but also different types of BB. Luckily, I was a bit closer to contract end, but charge of 80+ was still steep and very much smelling of profiteering rather than good customer service. Their monthly fee is much cheaper than all other major providers I could get, so no real option for me. Let’s just hope it works when installed later this week.