cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Great Service From Vodaphone - Seriously Impressed!!!

omen1314
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My superfast fibre 2 broadband due for instal on Monday 13/12/21

I am not easily impressed but my Vodaphone THG3000 Wifi Hub (Technicolor) arrived Friday 10/12/21 - plugged in and surprise surprise the white internet light was lit and it boots twice as fast as the dreadfully slow Virgin Superhub, got my NAS box connected to the very handy Usb port that the Talktalk hub and Virgin superhub lacks, has device fingerprinting, Virgin hub has a maximum of only 32 reserved mac adddresses whereas this beauty seems to be able to handle over 128 and all of it was up and running in less than 10 minutes!

Wifi signal reach and quality is rather impressive boasting a full maximum transfer rate on my network!

Cannot believe it but no engineer visit although one is supposed to be coming Monday so connect up the fibre and my internet is up and running 3 days BEFORE activation date with speed test giving me the exact speed quoted and the added bonus is the superb Vodaphone THG3000 Wifi Hub which as a Techie i can say beats the slow login from the off compared to Virgins dire effort and with Dynamic DNS and lots of lovely customisations its a ripper of a router I must say.

Ex-Talk-talk and Ex-Virgin now Vodaphone Customer satisfaction level so far = 101%

See its not all doom and gloom on the broadband front - Have some positivity Vodaphone!!!

3 REPLIES 3

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @omen1314 - thanks so much for your lovely feedback 😊 It's great to hear you've had a fab experience so far and we really appreciate you taking the time to share it with us here! 

Seems that early connection has worked against me - I have just managed to login to my account now to see you have applied a pro rata £20 charge presumably because i connected the router 2 days early even though my Virgin broadband is being used and doesnt finish until 15/12/21 so you have charged my £20 for 2 days for having the router connected to my network even though I am still using my Virgin connection.

Not Happy as it is nowhere in the terms and conditions and the engineer I had stayed in all day today 13/12/21  for never turned up, not even a phone call , text or email - very inconvenient just cost me a days salary, then you send me an email at 21:00pm tonight to say the engineer wont be needed and wont be coming between 08:00am - 13:00pm = lol what use is that?

So why activate my broadband early knowing most users will probably connect their routers up as soon as they get them?

Seems a bit of a cynical money making exercise?

TJ

Thanks for getting back to us @omen1314. It does sound like a Pro Rata charge - you can find more information on understanding your first bill here. Your bill will include the few days between starting your plan and your bill being produced, then the next month in advance.

If you'd like us to take a look into this and see if everything is billed correctly, please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.