Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Impressed so far

Iain_Calder
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've just finished moving to Superfast 2 after many years with Virgin Media.  My old BT phone line had not been used for a long time so I wasn't sure what state it was in.

The installation engineer fitted a new faceplate (the old one was corroded) then went off to finish connecting at the exchange end.  He came back later and told me the line was connected through but there was a line fault between the street pole and the cabinet.  He couldn't climb the pole because it was unsafe and required a hoist.  He said he'd booked the fault with OpenReach and they'd come out 'usually within a couple of days'.  At that point I had 40M sync speed.

Vodafone support called me up to arrange a date for the OpenReach visit the following week but OpenReach then called me directly a day later to say they could do it that day.  Luckily I was able to work from home so they came and found another line to use from the pole to the cabinet.  I confirmed my new phone number with the engineers and was pleased to find out my Virgin number had ported over as I wasn't entirely sure that would be possible.

After the repair I had 67M sync speed with some interleaving.  A few days later DLM removed the interleaving and I'm now at 71M which is just about the same as my old Virgin 70M package.

I find web browsing more reponsive on Vodafone compared to Virgin.  Streaming services all work great, we often have YouTube, iPlayer, Netflix and XBox gaming all going at the same time with no issues.  Single-thread downloads are mostly not as fast on as they were on Virgin, so things like updating packages on a Raspberry PI or downloads from github are slower.  Overall however I'm very happy with the price/performance of the Vodafone connection and I wouldn't want to swap back.  The Vox3/THG3000 router seems good with the latest firmware and has decent wifi coverage.

Just wanted to post this as I was wondering if I had made the right choice when waiting for the new connection, having read some of the issues on here.  So far anyway it has worked out well for me.

2 REPLIES 2

Broker-Man
4: Newbie

I switched to Vodafone September last year and have had a faultless service.

It is terrble that some people have the misfortune of when things go wrong but, this can happen if you are with any of  the "ISP's".

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Iain_Calder @Broker-Man It's great to see you're both loving your Wi-Fi after moving over to us 🎉 If you have any questions for us in the future, you know where to find us on the Community :Thumbs_Up: