Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving Home = Reset of 24 month Contract and Price Increase

bar72
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, so just 6 months into 24 month contract with £22.50 a month charges.  Notified Vodafone that I'm moving home and noticed that contract resets to 24 month and charge increased to £25 for same Superfast 2 service on my new activation date?  Anyone know why this is?  thanks

3 REPLIES 3

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

It's caused by overzealous customer services.  If you dig up your contract on this site you should find that when you move, your contract with Vodafone should continue - if they can provide the service at the new address.  Continuing is not the same as renewing, breaches Vodafone's own contract, and if they don't correct THEIR ERROR, you should probably in the first instance report this to OFCOM!

@CrimsonLiar thanks for the info.  Looks like I can't access my Important Documents even though I've had account since November '21.

00-003.jpg

In the latest letter I've had from them 7.5 (a) & (b) states:

00-004.jpg

so I assume I've to renew contract?  doesn't explain the price increase though from £22.50 to £25?  thanks

@Jayachyes, FTTC and same Superfast 2 service.  Yes, I used the moving home service and telephoned them.  thanks

Jayach

That seems very strange as the current price for Superfast 2 is £22.00. and £30.00 for Pro.

Jayach_0-1659229157491.png

I believe there is some stipulation that you may have to start a new contract depending on how long is left on the current contract, but with 18 months left that shouldn't apply to you. (Unfortunately I can't find a link to the details)

Are you on FTTC and the new property FTTP (or vice versa) as that may make a difference.

Did you use the moving home service? Moving home with broadband | Vodafone

IF you can't get it resolved, try raising a official complaint. Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK