Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No communication about broadband activation

peanuckle
4: Newbie

I placed an order for home broadband on 9/11/22, received an email confirming the order and the router arrived Monday 5th December. I had requested a start date of 7th Dec but I've received no communication at all since the automated "thank you for your order" and when I try to track the order it says that order WEB-0001000024429373 can't be found? Thankfully my connection with BT is still active but I've no idea what is happening? Is there any way to find out what's going on or even send the router back and cancel it as I can't risk being without a connection and this doesn't bode well for a smooth transition. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peanuckle - I understand how important it is to have stay connected and your concern with what's happening with the activation. My team can check this for you. Please contact us through Social Media.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peanuckle - I understand how important it is to have stay connected and your concern with what's happening with the activation. My team can check this for you. Please contact us through Social Media.

I spoke to the very pleasant social media team but, when I received an email to say an engineer was booked for 21/12, I decided to ring 191 and get it sorted quickly. Turns out the contract was for a fibre connection which is impossible to get at our isolated cottage so I requested a cancellation which was actioned and confirmed by email and text in minutes.

One thing that did make me laugh is, when I asked for a label to return the modem, the young man got himself confused and asked what's a modem? 🤣

Thanks for all the input and I hope you get sorted as soon as possible.

I cancelled my order, too. The social media team are indeed pleasant, but it took them a month to tell me anything useful. I never thought I'd find an ISP worse than TalkTalk, but here we are.

The extra £2.50 a week it'll cost me to stay with BT is worth it just not to be answering silly questions every 48 hours.

HadEnoughOfThis
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Good luck with the social media team. My activation was supposed to be a month ago, but I've had the same experience as you. Email from Vodafone with tracking number just leads to it saying the order isn't found. Another email thanks me for registering, and tells me to log in. Attempting to log in returns an error code. There's a thread on here that is years old that shows that you can't log in until your service is activated, despite what the email tells you. They've never fixed this.

The social media team requires you to pass security every 48 hours. They'll ask you questions you don't have answers to. Example - PIN number you haven't set up because you don't have access to your account, or your account number, which you don't have because it was never provided.

Once you pass security, they'll tell you that they'll be in touch in a few days with an update... at which point you have to answer questions again. You'll explain why you don't have answers, AGAIN, and they'll ask more questions. Then they'll tell you that they'll be in touch in few days with an update. The only updates I've received are that the updates have been pushed back. Absolute clown show.

Can't fill out the complaints form either, because it requires your account number that they never provided.

@HadEnoughOfThis 

You are so right about the social media team, they are just a joke.

The only reason the mods point you towards them is they are the same people.

@HadEnoughOfThis wrote:

Good luck with the social media team. My activation was supposed to be a month ago, but I've had the same experience as you. Email from Vodafone with tracking number just leads to it saying the order isn't found. Another email thanks me for registering, and tells me to log in. Attempting to log in returns an error code. There's a thread on here that is years old that shows that you can't log in until your service is activated, despite what the email tells you. They've never fixed this.

Please tell me this is a wind-up about the email that thanks you for registering and tells you to log in and you can't.

I have started a few threads myself about this over the years and I thought this was sorted 

No wind up. It's ridiculous, isnt it? I cancelled my order, and will never deal with Vodafone again.

ridiculous, that sounds way too polite.

I know @Jayach wrote above the social media team is a joke which is also way too polite. 

I am actually stumped for the right words. 

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@gipjon wrote:

@HadEnoughOfThis wrote:

Please tell me this is a wind-up about the email that thanks you for registering and tells you to log in and you can't.

I have started a few threads myself about this over the years and I thought this was sorted 

Nice one @Andy , nice to see you can reply to Robert. But what about a reply to what @gipjon  @HadEnoughOfThis and @peanuckle wrote, . Or don't we count as Vodafone users