cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade to Gigafast has been an absolute horrorshow. Running out of energy.

thejoycey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am writing this on behalf of my partner, who's the one who holds the account with Vodafone Broadband, but for the ease of myself and reader, I'll refer to her account as ''ours''.

In March 2022, we upgraded to Vodafone Gigafast on a £35 per month deal (half price). We were previously on one of their standard 90Mbps connections, so we expected the upgrade to be fairly straight forward. Oh no...

I won't go in to all the problems we had during the first week, as I'll be here all day, but instead I'll get to the worst part. It's now September, we still haven't been billed since the upgrade, we still have no account online in which we can view, when phoning customer services they can find our account, but it only holds data up to March this year and as far as they are aware the contract was cancelled - it wasn't, it was upgraded. We have now received a letter which states there has been a problem with our account (really!) and that we will be billed £50 per month! 1) there's no current deal for £50 per month that I can find and 2) we signed up for £35 per month, so whichever way you look at it, that's wrong.

Another call to Vodafone today (17th call since March, we've counted - not to mention at least 10 live chats), and they have no record of the letter, no record of an active account for us, no record of being signed up for any upgrade, no record of any new account, nothing. So we explained there has to be, we have a letter to say so, an email welcoming us to our new upgrade, text messages, order numbers, the lot. City Fibre even came in the house to do the upgrade, hell knows why I let them in, nothing to do with Vodafone it seems! They don't know who we are all of a sudden. After 40 minutes on the phone getting nowhere, the chap said he would put us through to the Broadband team, and of course, he cut us off....again.

I am writing this, because we just simply don't know where to go next, we're exhausted with customer services as there is no customer service, we wrote a letter back in June to complaints, no reply to that. We've tried live chat. What is there left to do?

We have a service, the one we signed up to, and it's all working, ever since March, but they cannot fetch our account details, they are going to charge random amounts that we never signed up to and we cannot get any customer service. We don't even have an online account we can access anymore. How can this be how a business is run, honestly? What should we try next? 

Last but not least, the cooling-off period has clearly lapsed, but that's something else... we didn't even get chance to change our mind, because within the first 14 days (and even now), when phoning customer services, we have no active account! So there's nothing to cancel. Absolutely absurd.

One final edit to this: We have since tried live chat (again), no real help given, but asked if our cooling-off period can at least be reinstated as we never got chance to decide if we were happy with the service from the start and their reply was: "well you have been getting the service, right?''- 1) Manners?! and 2) We have always had the "service" in terms of the broadband, but we haven't had an account nor the customer service - so apparently that doesn't apply to your decision making when deciding if you're happy. Basically, every time we talk to customer service via any means, it just gets worse. Exceptionally horrible customer service. We are at that point where we need some kind of counselling service to help us get through to Vodafone, because no matter how hard we try, we cannot get a resolution. 

10 REPLIES 10

Well... I'm back with an update. Unfortunately, not a good one.

So after 12 months of this saga going on, the account has finally been set up, and we can access our billing information, finally.

Unfortunately, the billing is all incorrect. The plan we have been put on is not the plan we signed up to, the pricing is incorrect due to this. Also, the discount we signed up to, is also incorrect.

To be quite frank, after 12 months of endless phone calls, live chats, Facebook support chats, phone calls from head office and letters, for Vodafone to spend all that time supposedly fixing an issue, only to finally get to this point to find out it's been done wrong, again. Why should we bother any more? 

The man who phoned us from head office 100 percent guaranteed us the last thing that would happen when it was all sorted would be that you would get the billing wrong. More lies, then.

What do you suggest now? We aren't prepared to make any more phone calls, this needs sorting by someone, and we can be contacted when it's been sorted.

Hard to believe, after all this time, I am having to write this to be honest.