Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Channels, how do i change them?

Bullfinch
4: Newbie

I have a vodafone thg3000. 

How and where can you change wifi channel on the above router? 

Logged into my router I go to WiFi tab at the top of the page, then select "WiFi Settings". 

Only choices I see 2.4 Ghz, wifi mode, mixed 802.11b/g/n

Bandwidth 20mhz

And 5 Ghz, mixed 802.11n/ac

Bandwidth 20/40/80 Mhz

There is no option to change channel. I ask as there are a few neighbours on vodafone internet too. 

12 REPLIES 12

Jayach
16: Advanced member

You can't, Vodafone removed that option.

However, if you get an old version of the Vodafone broadband app, it will still allow it. Search the forum for more info.

Thanks, another con by VF to get customers to subscribe to a more expensive package deal. 

Roll on 2 yrs. 🙄

Jayach

It's not available on any packages?

Shame, any particular reason? 

Ripshod

Vodafone figure the less settings there are the less likely a user will get things wrong and less chance they'll need support. Less training for support staff and less staff required.

£££££££££ Ker-ching ££££££££££

Has anyone from Vodafone fixed this issue? I am new to Vodafone broadband, and the router Wi-Fi is dreadful. I just want to fix the channels given the discussions with my neighbours. With all these broadband routers being "Smart", it seems collectively they are "not so Smart" !!

To be fair, my neighbours have other ISPs and can fix their channels - whereas I cannot.

Given this issue looks like its been going on for 3-4 years looking at forum posts, can I ask whether Vodafone is prioritising this?

Oh, and what is "Expert Mode" for? It looks like "Basic Mode" !!

He He, I was just playing with my spare UltraHub (Jan 2023) trying to get the SFP connection working (no luck). I connected to the spare UltraHub via wifi and interestingly it had all the WiFi capabilities enabled.

Interestingly it had a nice WifFi analyser plus 'smart modes' and client monitoring.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 14.17.58.png

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 14.26.12.png

Cynric

@billhinge if that spare ever connects to VF it'll probably get an update and all that functionality will be lost.

Yes, it has never been used to connect to Vodafone, shame really as I suspect it could be useful to many and at least we should have to choice to use it or not rather than the default 'Super Wifi' .