Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

20% Packet loss and less than 5mbps download on Gigafast 900 / CityFibre

Zuccster
4: Newbie

For the last 48hrs I've been experiencing intermittent packet loss of up to 20% and download speeds as low at 2Mbps.  Anyone else seeing this?

Zuccster_0-1664054155893.png

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 22.16.37.png

51 REPLIES 51

Darkarcheangel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Screenshot_20220925-205031.jpg

Yep gett the same here, very high packetloss.

jd122
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm on the same boat. can't play online without stuttering and lagging because of this sudden high packet loss. Have you called? I plan to tomorrow. 

Also I got the same connection. 900mbps city fibre. 

I'm just about to log a ticket.  There's clearly a pattern - largely fine during the day, taking a nosedive in the evenings:

Zuccster_0-1664264096325.png

[Edit - spent an hour on hold (chat) told I need to use the supplied router (not very 'pro'). Currently trying to remember what it looks like.

Just checked today and it looks as though everything is back to normal, I'm back on the Birmingham gateway, even though I'm in Bournemouth, but so far there is no packetloss and speeds are back to normal, I was put on the gateway in beaminster from Thursday last week, which I think is when a lot of people got moved also and also when the issues started happening.

I came here today having been investigating this myself, glad it wasn't just me.

Using WinMTR I am still seeing up to 20% packet loss at my router today though.  I am also seeing quite a lot of the following in Routers event log:

09/27/2022 - 20:19:48 - failed to send packet: Network is unreachable - data

Hi, did you call them and they changed your gateway or something?

this has been happening to me now every evening after work for the last 5 days and it's really frustrating. can't use the amazing internet I paid for when I want to use it for what it is.

thanks. 

No I checked earlier on my router, as the BQM I had set on think broadband was showing all red on packetloss at about 3pm onwards, checked my gateway and it had changed as did the IP address.

I was messaging hem on Facebook throughout the day when I could as I was working.

Yesterday seemed better, but back to horrific DL speeds tonight:

Screenshot from 2022-09-28 22-01-07.png

Gateway is 84.65.128.1 which geolocates to Liverpool.

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

84.65.128.1 is 

MCRN12-BNG-C1

Aka Manchester. Geolocation hardly works, especially with the vodafone network.