cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Aberdeen Vodafone CityFibre Very Slow Download & Severe Packet Loss in the evening

Philips
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Anyone else having the slow speeds between 6pm-12am and severe packet loss started up again tonight? 

Joined in August and had <20mbps download between 6pm-12am most nights. Seemed to be ok for a week or two max, but with the odd packet loss issues when gaming in late September but the past few days it's started again.

(I'm on the 900mbps package, I'm also getting routed to Manchester for whatever reason)

Does anyone know how you'd go about getting out of contract without exit fees?

Reported the issues in Mid August, ticket was made, moved to second-line. Kept updating saying waiting for a reply from cityfibre, no reply was given. I kept updating the ticket to say the issues haven't went away until Sep 9th when the ticket was closed.

Was told today by support the second line team said cityfibre fixed the "fault" 2/09 which the definitely didn't as I was still updating the ticket almost daily until Sep 9th as I had the same issues, and they started again the past few days.

Spoke to support chat today who have not helped. Telling me the general troubleshooting and to use the vodafone provider router as they "don't give minimum guaranteed speeds for third party routers", was also told I would have to pay exit fees as the contract doesn't end until 2026, I explained since I've had the issues for over 30 days that per Ofcom's rules/regulations, I'm indeed entitled to leave without exit fees.

After being on the chat for over an hour the person is finally raising it to second line again, but I doubt they'll do anything as they had no communication last time and the issues were not sorted and the ticket was just closed.

It's very clearly a vodafone issue as the network being overloaded by there being too many customers in aberdeen. I know people personally who are on vodafone cityfibre who have the exact same issues in other areas of the city, as well as the many people on these forums that also have the same issues and i haven't seen anyone on a different cityfibre provider in aberdeen with the same issues.

Really don't know what to do here, vodafone has been awful for the service I've recived and the complete lack of communication, would like to move to a different provider ASAP as they clearly won't acknowledge the issues or sort them but I have no idea how to go about doing that as they just say I will have to pay exit fees as my contract doesn't end till 2026. But I would appreciate any advice on what to here. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Philips Please post in just one thread so that everyone can follow the progress.

Ripshod

And please check for existing threads with this exact issue. Remarkably one even has Aberdeen in the title.