Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

7.55 BB disconnect

vcx20
4: Newbie

Hi all 

I have had VF BB since it just about started and had the original router that i soon replaced as it gave a unreliable wifi connection around my house.

Three weeks ago i replaced my ageing router again with a archer tp link vr900 and all has been fine until about 4 days ago when every morning at 7.55 am my connection drops and it comes up with DNS server not responding and takes anything from 5 to 15 minutes for it to re connect.

My wifi speed is normally 62 mbps down and 19 mbps up and i noticed this morning after 13 minutes waiting for re connect my speed was 0.2 mbps down and took about 5 minutes to recover to normal speed.

Yesterday it only took 5 minutes before it came back on line so its different every day and at the moment my wife works from home so a stable connection is essential for her work.

So i am wondering is it a VF issue here or a router setting just strange how its been ok so far i do have auto reboot set on the router but its once a week at 4am.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks David.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

First up, before I say anything else - DO NOT SPLIT THE SSIDs unless you have good reason to do so - 99% of the people on here who are told to split the SSIDs will either need to do more work regards selecting their connection (over and over again) or will just see a DROP in performance.  *There are genuine reasons why it's a good idea in some situations!

Right, so the first thing you really need to do is figure out if you still have a connection the router when the connection goes down, ideally testing via both WiFi and wired connections.if they are good - can you access the router set up page, often 192.168.1.1 - if that's good then see if the modem connection to the cabinet is up (check the symbol/sync rate), you can even check if the phone line is up!  The other thing is to talk to your neighbours to see if they are having similar issues!  *Try to think of anything else in your locale that is possibly switching a large electrical load at around the same time!

Let us know how you get on!

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @vcx20 

I'm a very much a play and plug type of user myself so I'd be out if my depth trying to provide deeper tech advice apart from initial set up and splitting the the router frequencies to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and changing wireless channels  :Winking_smiley:

However I have come across these threads which may help.

HOW-TO-Use-a-third-party-router-on-Vodafone-VDSL. 

Internet-speed/Internet-Speed. 

My apologies if you've already seen these. 

I would think the Vodafone Broadband Team would advise to re connect up the original Vodafone Connect Router as they'd be unable to provide support for another router set up.

That said they can check your account just to ensure all is looking OK !

Customer service and Live Chat Link. 

Vodafone Social Media Team _ Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries _ Contact Us Link. 

Due-to-the-unprecedented-demand-on-our-call-centres-you-may-unfortunately-experience-longer-than-usu... 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

First up, before I say anything else - DO NOT SPLIT THE SSIDs unless you have good reason to do so - 99% of the people on here who are told to split the SSIDs will either need to do more work regards selecting their connection (over and over again) or will just see a DROP in performance.  *There are genuine reasons why it's a good idea in some situations!

Right, so the first thing you really need to do is figure out if you still have a connection the router when the connection goes down, ideally testing via both WiFi and wired connections.if they are good - can you access the router set up page, often 192.168.1.1 - if that's good then see if the modem connection to the cabinet is up (check the symbol/sync rate), you can even check if the phone line is up!  The other thing is to talk to your neighbours to see if they are having similar issues!  *Try to think of anything else in your locale that is possibly switching a large electrical load at around the same time!

Let us know how you get on!

i followed that set up guide when i set up my original router band of brothers and referenced it again when i set up my latest router.

Keith alger dont worry i wont split the ssid i can confirm i do still have connection to the router but i must admit i aint snooped about much when it happens when it does it tomorrow at like clockwork 7.55am i will check the line is still up.

I just found it odd how its always 7.55am and thought it may be VF messing about with something.

Well 7.55am came and it did it again exactly the same time my fish tank pumps switch on that are in the same socket thanks keithalger i maybe wouldn't have put those two together if you hadn't said about another electrical load switching on at the same time.

I will leave them unplugged tomorrow to see if it does not do it again fingers crossed.

Why would it disconnect my BB as the wifi channels were still up and the router was still powered up to it just knocked out my BB connection.

Thanks.

All fixed i changed the timer plug and now everything works ok i guess there was something up with the timer plug.