Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Belkin Router Setup

Fatbloke75
1: Seeker

Hi there, I have a Belkin F6D4630-4 v2 router and I need to set it up as my vodafone router died last night.

I have the username and password from Vodafone but do not seem to be able to get an internet connection.

The last part of the username is @homebroadband.co.uk but I've read on the forums that people are using @broadband.vodafone.co.uk. Which is it.

I've aslo read that you need to set the VLAN to 101, the belkin unit does not have this feature.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

gipjon
16: Advanced member

follow this and make sure you copy and paste the user name from live chat that way you cant get it wrong 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Setting-up-a-third-party-router-with-vdsl-vo...

gipjon

just a thought is that a  VDSL2/ADSL2modem/router compatible vodafone router 

Good question, I'll look into it and let you know. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an ADSL modem and will not work with a Vodafone VDSL FTTC connection.

gipjon

But it should work if you want to use it to boost your wifi etc as a second router connected to the first adsl2/fttp router 

• Open Your Android phone Or tablet and use a full browser like Chrome, Firefox or opera mini.
  • Google chrome was can be a Good Option as a Browser.
  • look Carefully on your wireless network list for a new Belkin network.
  • You will be able to see a new unsecured Belkin wireless network please Connect with it.
  • Now on the top of your browser type 192.168.2.1 and  follow the link  Login Belkin router

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It should be @broadband.vodafone.co.uk @gipjon.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so we can see about getting you a replacement router.

Blair

gipjon

that not 100% true @Blair there are two options for the second part of the username 

and the other thing is the router wont work as keith has said 

"It's an ADSL modem and will not work with a Vodafone VDSL FTTC connection."

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

So we can help you further with this @gipjon, please get in touch using the link in the private message @Blair sent.