Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband connection

Thecapt30
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Just had Vodafone fibre broadband fitted.... wifi will connect to phones, tablets, laptops, SKY Glass, etc.. but it will not connect to other devices like Google mini and other Google home devices such as a Lenovo alarm clock. It also will not connect to a Canon WIFI printer... 

I'm completely  confused as the speed seems to be good (between 50 and 100mps in most rooms).

Help... thx.

Leigh

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach
16: Advanced member

As you say you can get 100Mbs download, I assume you are on FTTP. Is it Openreach or CityFibre?

For the devices that won't connect, you may need to set them up from scratch.

Alternately, set the SSID and password to match your previous router.

I'm presuming Openreach as they fitted it... no clue about fttp (how do I find out)? 

All Google devices have been factory reset as has the printer... 

Thx..

Jayach

@Thecapt30 wrote:

I'm presuming Openreach as they fitted it... no clue about fttp (how do I find out)? 

All Google devices have been factory reset as has the printer... 

FTTP is Fibre to the Property, so you will be connecting to an ONT (Optical Network Terminal). If you are connecting to a phone socket it is FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet)

Saying it will not connect isn't very much help. What happens when you try?

Thanks for the information.....

So, we can use phones, laptops, TV (Sky) as per normal, but any other device states it cannot connect to the Internet - they have all been factory reset.  I'm going to try and move one device right next to the WiFi and see if it connects.... 

Ripshod

@Jayach this sounds like another 2.4 Ghz problem.

@Thecapt30 can you install WiFi Analyzer from the play store and share screenshots of both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands? This will give us some idea of what's happening channel-wise. 

Thanks.... I'll give it a go. 👍👍

Jayach

Sorry, I posted the wrong picture originally, I've now corrected it.

Jayach

@Thecapt30 wrote:

So, we can use phones, laptops, TV (Sky) as per normal, but any other device states it cannot connect to the Internet - 

Ah, so they connect to the Wi-Fi, but then say no internet. That sounds like it may be the content controls.

Try changing the DNS settings to avoid them. 

Edit: I posted the wrong picture, this is the one I meant to post.

Jayach_0-1642460079472.png