Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband dropping out constantly

acon1234
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

i have been with vodafone for just under a week now. When the broadband is working correctly, the speeds are very good and i’m getting more than my estimated speeds. However, speeds are quite useless when the internet is down a few times an hour.

The internet drops every 20 or so minutes throughout the day. This isn’t just over wi-fi either. It is happening through ethernet on my PC.

I have tried restarting the router, factory resetting it, a couple different microfiltere, splitting the SSID to try using a 5GHz connection and still no improvement.

What else is there to try? I have called support a couple of times but they have been useless, trying the regular troubleshooting and then when they fail to find a fix promise a callback which never happens. Am I in my right to change provider as I am within the 14 day cooling off period? I didnt have this issue with a BT or Sky.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, this can happen for the first couple of weeks while the router and the Openreach cabinet "train" to get the best most reliable connection speed, and resetting the router can extend this period even longer!

The good news is that you actually have a 30 day cooling off period!

The same issue, many disconnects this week. Speed is rather bad as well, below the advertisment.

I beleive their services are overloaded, not good at all.

PS. I am more than 6 months with Vodafone, but I will definitely disconnect when the contract expires. Once again, not good at all

I understand that though there have been a couple worrying things happening. Theres a couple of website I cant connect to for some odd reason it just wont load on any device I try. It works fine when using mobile date.

Also, when my connection is running I get 72mbps from a wireless connection which is obviously very good but then when I do a speedtest through a wired connection I only get 15-20mbps. I have tried various cables etc. 

Very frustrating and I feel like I wont be staying with vodafone. We’ll see if the problems improve next week but I highly doubt it as they only seem to be getting worse.

Ross
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @orthia, sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband speeds. I can see you've tried to changed the frequency on the router, thanks for this. Next I'd recommend changing the channel of the router. You can find a step by step guide on how to do this here. Let me know if you have any questions on this. Ross

@acon1234 I'm disappointed you're having an issue accessing certain sites, this is something we can look into and make sure you have full access.  Please contact us on Facebook (Vodafone UK), Twitter (Vodafone UK) or Live Chat (click here).

Ross

they will sting you along till it too late to leave if you are not happy leave while you still can or face 18 mths of hell 

Hi, that link seems to be broken now. Do you have a new one?

I have the same issue - continually losing connection to internet, despite speeds (when working) being good and line (tested by engineer yesterday) being good.

I need a reliable connection for teaching online and this issue is extremely damaging to me.

Thanks for any support you can give.

Tim

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

having your line tested means nothing , it just means they did not find the fault i had my line tested 6 times by bt openreach and on the 7th after months of complaining to every one there sorted it , my issue was high cross talk on the line 

Yes, I agree, there is clearly a fault somewhere. Let's hope Vodafone will rise to the challenge and find and fix it. They don't seem very motivated to do so thus far.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tim-123, let's see what we can do here. How many devices do you currently have connected? Are you noticing these connection drop-outs at specific times of day, or sporadically?