Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband dropping out several times a day

Paffman
7: Helper
7: Helper

I am just about at the end of my tether now. I have had VF broadband for about a year and it has been great until about a month ago when the broadband keeps dropping out several times each day. This is highly annoying as my partner works from home and it also disrupts our internet TV viewing.

I lodged a formal complaint and got a case number. Rang that and Tom checked it out and said that he could see several drop-outs each day. So he sent me a new router. No difference so I rang back to be quizzed about how many devices I have and to remove the front off the BT master socket to see if that made any difference, it didn't.

Then I got a call from India which (sorry I don't mean to be rude, but I could hardly understand what he was saying) What I could read between the lines was that he was thinking of ending my contract, but before he did that he would speak to his colleagues and ring me back. To date I have never had that call.

In the meantime I browsed the internet for a different company, then the next date a guy from BT rang me. We chatted and I explained my situation and he told me that he could see a block on the line and that this maybe the issue. Why VF could see that I don't know. Anyway today a very nice BT engineer called, checked out my line, socket and did something in the green cabinet. She also said that the replacement router that VF could still be faulty from a bad batch.

Since she left I have had three dropouts !!!!!!!!!!  [Removed]

I am so fed up with this now, I just want what I am paying for a continuous broadband service. 

Any ideas would be great.
Steve

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Device: HTC One M8

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Did the BT engineer visit and carry out work as a result of talking this through with Vodafone @Paffman  ?

I'm wondering if the cabinet is over subscribed ?

May I ask Are you hard wired i.e ethernet or using Wi-Fi  ?

Sometimes changes wireless channel and kr splitting the frequencies in the router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and try each in turn.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply.

My study PC is hard wired as is the TV.  The others are wireless. I was contacted by BT after browsing/looking into a new provider, he removed the block and must have organised the engineer, not VF.

I have rung VF again this evening and am awaiting another call back.

Mobile Device: HTC One M8

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @Paffman 

It's not unusual for a isp or other business to make contact if you've been on their site showing interest / browsing but sending a Bt engineer when they are not your primary isp but do run the service into the property is pretty good.

Good luck with the callback.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Paffman 

Have you tried changing your channels and splitting your SSID as @BandOfBrothers suggests?

This could help improve your speeds and stabilise your connection while there's more traffic than usual on the lines, due to more people working from home.

You're able to do that in the Vodafone Broadband App, whilst also checking your sync speed.

If you don't have any luck with that, drop us a message on Social where we can do some further line tests 🙂

Lozwats1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We switched from from Sky broadband to Vodafone approx 2 months ago and have daily connection issues but only with certain devices. Mobile phones, tablet and laptops are all fine but the Tv’s, Sonos and Echo Dot all drop out constantly. My husband is literally about to explode and wished we had never switched as we’ve never had any connections previously so it must be a Vodafone issue. Any suggestions? I’m working full time at home on my own with 5yr old and 3yr old so physically don’t have time to call a call centre. 

Hi @Lozwats1 

The devices that are dropping out, are these connected by WiFi or connected with an Ethernet cable? If your devices are on WiFi, it could help changing your frequencies as @BandOfBrothers has mentioned earlier in the thread. The video below will talk you through how to do this 🙂