Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband line breaks

JustAndy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I became a Vodafone customer 10 weeks ago. Since then, I have never yet had a single day without my broadband line breaking dozens of times. It must be a Vodafone problem, as in my previous 6 years in this house, the connection via Plusnet and BT was fine.

An engineer's visit didn't solve the problem.. He tinkered with our Openreach connection , disconnected one of my phone sockets, told me the problem was fixed then left. Within 30 mins, I'd had more line breaks. I phoned the engineer and asked him to return. His response? "Report the fault again". 

Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, was the cause internal or outside your home?

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I doubt anyone else's experience will help with your own. Mine, when I first joined, took 3 months and 3 Openreach calls to get resolved. It was a faulty fibre port in the cabinet, but it could work for a week, but then fail multiple times a day,

As for inside or outside the home. If it fails when you are in the test socket, it has to be outside. (unless the router itself is faulty)

As the engineer says book another call.

Thanks for your reply. As a tech-numpty, I don't understand "when you are in the test socket". 

Book another call? I tried yesterday, and spent 44 mins on Vodafone's helpline. When I eventually got through to someone, he didn't tale any notice of the details I gave him and just kept asking questions about my Openreach connection. He wouldn't confirm if I will get a second visit. He said he would call back after speaking to his supervisor. He didn't. Very frustrating....

Jayach

@JustAndy wrote:

Thanks for your reply. As a tech-numpty, I don't understand "when you are in the test socket". 

Here's some helpful advice from BT. How to use your test socket | BT Help

Calling Vodafone is always stressful, they tend to start from the beginning every time, instead of looking at what went on before.

I usually find the live chat is more productive. (but that can be variable too)

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Good luck, having to deal with Vodafone support fills me with dread. It's been over 2 years since I had to, and hopefully I never have to again.