Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I Replace Vodafone 'Full Fibre' Router with TP-Link

KevinRoe
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a house that is long, oddly shaped with very thick walls. As I result I have a centrally located Router, feeding a TP-Link Network Hub and from there a hard-wired network, with 4 TP-Link Access Points plus CCTV NVR system. We also live in an area that has no mobile phone coverage, so rely on 'WiFi Calling' through the router for mobile calls etc. The system has worked perfectly since it was installed 7yrs ago, accepting devices such as TV's, Alexa, smart phones, printers, scanners etc as needed. Over that time I also moved from BT to PlusNet, without a problem. Unfortunately, 3 months ago I moved from PlusNet to Vodafone and I'm having major connectivity problems. I'm NOT a Tech, but I'm told the Vodafone Router is 'blocking IP Addresses'. For their part Vodafone dont want to know, as I'm using TP-Link Access Points. MY QUESTION: is it possible to replace the Vodafone 'Full Fibre' Router with a TP-Link (or other) Router or will Vodafone block that too? It'll mean I lose my land line but i'll live with that (for now)

11 REPLIES 11

Plusnet don't block 3rd party routers. I used my tp-link router without any problems until I swapped to Vodafone for a better deal. You just need your user name and password.

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@KevinRoe  You say that certain destinations are being blocked, have you tried to ping or tracert to those destinations? Also have you tried this website (https://www.blocked.org.uk/) to see if it being actively blocked?