Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can’t connect Netgear r7800 router to vodafone gigafast

Mitch1922
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a netgear r7800 router but I’m unable to get it to connect to the gigafast Internet, I have my username and password from Vodafone

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

9917E68D-C9B7-403E-A73D-F7B5A49D4C6D.pngF6B02067-B239-4815-875D-C0004FD2F504.png

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try changing the VLAN ID to 911!

Thankyou keithAlger it worked a treat ....much appreciated 

Hello,

Sorry to bring up an old post but I have tried to connect the R7800 to gigafast with no luck. I have username and pass word, and have set the vlan as described but no luck.

The router never seems to get an IP.

Any other hints? How long do I wait for a connection for example?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

So things move on!  Not all VF Gigafast connections now use and ONT, increasingly customers are being given PON or GPON devices which while they still need the username and password, don't need the VLAN ID to be set.

If you've put the VF router on one side, are connecting your router to the ONT/PON/GPON and you've tried both with and without setting the VLAN ID, then the most common reason it doesn't work, is that you've been given the wrong or incomplete username and password - the username should end in @ broadband.vofaone.co.uk (without the space).

Thanks for getting back.

So I think I have a GPON.

I've tried with and without VLAN and checked the password/username provided by VF.

Still no luck. I have only been able to use the R7800 through the VF wifi hub (Port 1). Interestingly, when I connect the R7800 and have it running the VF wifi hub can't serve a web page but does route internet traffic.