cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

42 days in a row the internet drops for about a minute every morning between 1.30am and 4am

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Started 23 days ago, internet drops for about 1 minute or so just once every single morning between 1.30am and 4am , 16 days in a row now .

I suspect its the D.L.M but not sure why , 

no packet lost

no none correctable errors in the router 

no excessive error's showing in the router

internet seem to be working  ok 

openreach master socket 5c with no phone or any internal wiring 

Vodafone saying D.L.M has not generated any errors reports with the drops 

in ref to speed the D.L.M will slow my connection down to 61.5 from  62.3 and then the day after the D.L.M will change it back to 62.3 .

i cant see this being any line fault as the D.L.M would have slowed me down by half after 16 drops 

ANY IDEA WELCOME 

22 REPLIES 22

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @gipjon - I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now. Seeing as it is at specific times, the drops in speed could be caused by traffic on the network. 

I would advise we have a look into your account and run some tests on your line to make sure we have no outages, could you drop us a DM on social media? Make sure to include a link back to this forum thread and your landline/account number so that you don't have to repeat yourself.

gipjon

don't do social media and what's the point in a forum, if you have to go some where else to talk to staff 

update , Vodafone has run a 72 hour test and that has comes back as no faults recorded. the director office are saying its normal for your internet to drop every day and because there are no fault recorded after the 72 hour test that there is nothing they can do about it. and they can not contact Openreach with out a fault 

Cynric

Normal to drop every day? I don't think so.

Uptime : 6 days, 18 hours, 52 minutes and 5 seconds

I'm in the first 10 days period after the instalment and I'm experiencing the same problem. Besides that, my speeds aren't consistent, always up and down. I will contact Vodafone to see what can they do to solve this.

I hate to say this, but if the problem remains, I will go back to Virgin broadband. My connection is still active and to be fair, never ever had any issues with them in the past, no drops and speeds very consistent. Bit expensive but you get what you pay. 

gipjon

the latest update is 

Vodafone still point blank refused to report this to Openreach , so i have been onto Openreach direct and Openreach have said " its a fault and Vodafone should report this as a fault to Openreach" , so i sent the chat transcript to Vodafone so now my case with Vodafone is now above the Director Office and is now with the DEADLOCK and CISAS TEAM .i will keep this thread updated when i hear more so people can follow this thread and will know what to do if they have a issue like this . 

Appreciate that, mate. I'm will be waiting for further news. Cheers 

gipjon

new update 

i spoken to the deadlock/cisas team direct and after they look into what has happen so far with the information I have gave them ,they moved my case to a 24 hour review instead of 21 days .The outcome was they have passed the case back to the director's office and told them to review the case again . 

new outcome from the director's office was 

your Home Broadband is experiencing a drop early hours of the morning, every day is due to scheduled updates. Although I appreciate your concerns, this is not a fault with your line.  blah blah blah here is some money blah blah blah can we close the complaint blah blah blah .After i few email back and forth the case is now back with the cisas/deadlock team after i pointed out that I have also spoken to Openreach and Vodafone tech department who said my router has not been updated and Vodafone cant update the fibre cabinet or the D.L.M software and there is no such thing as scheduled updates every morning that will disconnect your internet .

the plot thickens and a new update will be soon

Jayach

What firmware is on your router, I wonder if it could be trying to update itself and failing and then trying again the next day etc....

Out on interest have you ever disconnected everything (just turn the wifi off rather than disconnecting all the wifi devices) from the router and left it overnight. Could something be causing it to reboot.

gipjon
Firmware version
19.2.0307-3261013-20200812152603-87d129527e2b6c5db641b036118778179b03c3da
Bootloader Version
19.02.1146-0000000-20190110090550-897d2844f012557134a272eb8a8a90f85e9a7a8d
Hardware Type & Version
Vox3.0v
SNR is ok 
Attenuation DS1 11.6 dB, DS2 27.7 dB, DS3 42.3 dB
D (interleaver depth) 4   1

i did wonder about my be something to do with my lan network but I ruled it out by unplugging it from the vox3 every thing is hardwired apart from phones , also nothing in logs before the internet goes down 
i could be wrong but if it was the router or my network knocking the router out surly the D.L.M would have slowed me down after 23 drops  , interleave is still on 4 and 1