cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

42 days in a row the internet drops for about a minute every morning between 1.30am and 4am

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Started 23 days ago, internet drops for about 1 minute or so just once every single morning between 1.30am and 4am , 16 days in a row now .

I suspect its the D.L.M but not sure why , 

no packet lost

no none correctable errors in the router 

no excessive error's showing in the router

internet seem to be working  ok 

openreach master socket 5c with no phone or any internal wiring 

Vodafone saying D.L.M has not generated any errors reports with the drops 

in ref to speed the D.L.M will slow my connection down to 61.5 from  62.3 and then the day after the D.L.M will change it back to 62.3 .

i cant see this being any line fault as the D.L.M would have slowed me down by half after 16 drops 

ANY IDEA WELCOME 

22 REPLIES 22

Jayach

Well that is the latest known firmware and you seem to have ruled out it being anything on the LAN(s).

I'm not sure about DLM, it seems to be less stringent than on ADSL.

I just wonder what you can expect Vodafone to do about such a regular but brief problem.

If you have reached deadlock and Vodafone wont get Openreach involved they should really just let you leave. 

The only other thing I can think it can be is some kind of spike externally.

gipjon

Update but what a joke 

This is now in full deadlock and is getting pass to cisas (broadband version of ofcom)

This has to be the biggest joke of it all. I now have my deadlock letter and this is what the main part of it says 

Your service is showing as stable with only one drop of connection per day and is due to firmware updates on your Vodafone router.'.

What a joke .I must be a value customer as Vodafone must have single me out because according to Vodafone I have had 25 firmware updates in 25 days . What a load of crap because I had one firmware update on my router when I joined Vodafone which is the most stupid update ever .its the one that remove the ability to change WiFi channels .I can't even remember when that update was released but as far as I am aware it the latest version.

Even the router logs don't show any firmware updates or reboots to install a update firmware

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @gipjon, have you contact us through our social channels as advised by Evie on the 11th? If not, pop us a message and we'll be more than happy to take a look into this. If you've already been in touch, pop us another message and we'll be happy to take a look into this and raise it to our Technical team who will be able to investigate these drops for you. 

gipjon

Some thing new happen last night not sure what this is going to do in reference to the drops but this morning the interleave has changed from 4 to 8 on the download side and the other weird thing is the download sync speed has just increase by 5 meg more .which has never been this high . Be interested to see what coming tomorrow 

Jayach

Perhaps it has been DLM all along. I think only Openreach could confirm that.

gipjon

Yes Mark I did so after messing around to install Facebook and message just to dm you . I was told sorry because you have already phoned up ,we can not look into thing or help you on live chat . 

So yet again Vodafone failed . 

I will ask you a direct question Mark or Evie as you have read above . 

Is broadband disconnecting everyday a fault and does it need reporting to openreach 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @gipjon! I'm sorry you've had this experience with us. If you're account is already with our Customer Relations team, the social media customer services team wouldn't be able to interfere as Customer Relations are the highest point of escalation within Vodafone. 

If your broadband is cutting out every day, we would definitely need to investigate this through our customer services team, so we can then raise this to Open Reach if required. If your account isn't with our Customer Relations team, please contact the customer services team again to continue troubleshooting steps as we're unable to discuss your account over the forum. You can do this via social media, on 191 from a Vodafone phone (03333 040191 from any other standard UK phone), or through live chat here

gipjon

I'm not sure why you address that to me moderator Beth ..I already know that information. I wrote it on this thread above about my broadband is in deadlock and we are waiting for cisas to rule. You would have been better addressing that reply to Vodafone staff moderator mark as he is the ones going round this forum and giving customers the wrong information . Don't you just love the Vodafone staff training .wonder if its a 30 minute training course .

i wonder if I will get a apology from staff moderator mark for giving me the wrong information  

i am quite happy to wait here for my apology 

gipjon

a little update 

Cisas (Ofcom) has taken up the case and have written to Vodafone 

5 days ago 2 Openreach engineers were working on the fibre cabinet that I am connected to on another customer fault and I have not had a drop since then but what I have noticed is now my SNR is running and 3,3 at 3 am and in the day time I get SNR 1.9. so now the SNR is below what it should be. The internet has not dropped for the last 4 days