Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changing to Vodafone

arroto666
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

In want to leave my current ISP (SKY) and switch to vodafone, should I contact to Sky or it´s not needed to do so?.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MarkWeinreb
4: Newbie

@arroto666 Don’t contact Sky. Let Vodafone do all the leg work for you.

If you tell Sky you’re leaving they’ll disconnect your service leaving you with no internet/landline for two weeks or so - even longer if someone is waiting for a new line and is given the now available slot in the street cabinet. Letting Vodafone handle the switch-over will mean it will be done with virtually no interruption to your service.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@MarkWeinreb is correct, if they are using the same  technology.

If you are changing FTTC to FTTP, it's your responsibility to ensure the old service is cancelled,, it may not happen automatically.

Delta10
4: Newbie

I do not know why but leaving Sky, and I suspect NowTV too, for another FTTC provider is different from say Plusnet.

My phone got connected after a couple of days but it took Openreach a month to connect internet ....

As already suggested if swapping to FTTP from FTTC start the new contract at least a week ahead. Yes you will be paying for two services but if issues with the new FTTP you still have the FTTC service to fall back on.