Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting a Netgear D7800 to FTTP service

MACH1
4: Newbie

Our broadband has just been upgraded from FTTC to FTTP and I am trying to reconnect using my Netgear D7800, which was running fine on the old FTTC service.    I have contacted Vodafone and got the new PPPoE account details and new password, and have changed teh Netgear configuration page to reflect this, but it is still not connecting.   Can anyone advise if any  other changes are needed to the configuration?   Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

MACH1

Config 1.JPGConfig 2.JPG

I have rechecked the PPPoE username and password and have also changed a setting from DSL to WAN - but still the Netgear will not connect.   I am a little concerned, because even the newVodafone router seems to be a bit hit and miss and did not reconnect until I turned it off for a few minutes.    Can anyone see any obvious issues with the configuration?

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

For openreach there's no VLANID. for cityfibre it's 911.

That's the only other thing I can think of now. 

You are a hero!    Despite being told by Vodafone to use VLAN 101, I have just unchecked the "Use VLAN" box on the Netgear configuration and as if by magic it has connected immediately!   Many thanks for your help.

Jayach

Pictures always seem to take a long time to be moderated at the weekend, so it may be a while before we see them.

MACH1

Thanks to eveyrone who has offered suggestions. unchecking the "Use VLAN" box seems to have resolved the connection problem and it looks like I am in business with the Netgear router.