Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disconnected after 36 hours

Shopkeeper
2: Seeker

On Weds 25 March following a phone call from Customer Services I finally got connected. Seemingly there had been a mix up with my account and I wass to be refunded a sum of money. Service worked fine the rest of Weds & all day Thurs. Got up Friday morning 27 March 2020 & no broadband then quickly found out I couldn't make or receive calls.

A call to the Helpline - if that is what you call it revealed I had been disconnected due to a mix up with my account, strangely enough they said it was not my fault. I asked could they please reconnect everything and was told it will take up to 10 working days - a fortnight - I suggested this was not good enough and basically got the usual 2 finger salute.

It there fore makes me wonder what on earth is going on. On top of this I run a retail food business to which I now cannot and we know have no phone. and any losses are now mounting. I myself are in the High Risk category as I have Diabetes, Asthma, COPD & several Cardio related problems. I have a disabled wife and no phone or internet to keep in contact with anyone.

I have been able to borrow a mobile for an hour a day & piggy back on to someone elses internet also for an hour a day. Is this the usual way Vodafone treat their customers and at this time their most vulnerable customers.

3 REPLIES 3

Shopkeeper

Well after 6/7 hours being passed back & forth + all the lies it appears we had or contract cancelled - no reason given except they accept responsibility for it. Easy methinks just press a button and reconnect - no they say have to have another contract so cannot have landline back until 15 April 2020 at the earliest. And apparently it is now Openreachs fault.

To get me going they are going to send me a mobile - can't get mobile coverage at home - with a 4g connection. Just waiting for them to tell me I can't have my number back. After this can't wait to get away and join a professional company.

And I was correct they are going to change my number - the one I have had for 30 years - that is used for both business & personal. Does this company live in the real world or is incompetence required to work for them. They are diabolical but as am unable to contact them they get away with it - we shall see.

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @Shopkeeper, I'm really sorry to hear of this experience you've had, we really don't want you to feel this way and we're keen to turn this around. We can't always guarantee landline number ports for a number of reasons, although we always do our best to complete these. We'd like to investigate what's happened and check for any updates on the account, and also to take a look into the experience you've so far had, so we can review this. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker.