Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fire tv 4K Max only connects to 5G not 6G

Starship
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just installed the new ultra 6e router everything working fine except fire tv 4k max only connects to Wifi 5G not 6G any help welcome 

Ps has anyone got the firetv stick 4K max to connect to 6G

14 REPLIES 14

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Wow, Amazon support know what they are talking about, unlike some other support I could mention that don't have a clue.

Jayach

@Starship wrote:

Ps my firestick connects to 5G channel 40 so presume it it 802.11ac  not ax

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can make that assumption. I believe they use the same channels, but Wi-Fi 6 uses them more efficiently. Unfortunately, with a Firestick you can't easily examine what the adapter is doing, like you could on a PC for instance.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

CrimsonLiar

@Jayach yup WiFi 6 (AX) uses roughly the same 5GHz channels as WiFi 2 through 5.  There have been changes to the channels over time, so even my WiFi 6 capable router is missing a 5GHz channel which newer models can use!

Thanks for info

Hi Jach

You are probably right my best wifi speed on my firestick is 454 MB at 100% signal strength so not really sure what its connected to as you say no easy way to get any more info apart from what Amazon chat says it is impossible for fire tv 4k max to connect to 6G only the latest Amazon cube will do that.