Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full fibre upgrade, avoid at all costs

dnlytle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Third day now with no internet. Open reach install happened a few days ago and all fine. Three green lights on ONT box. However red flashing light on Vodafone router ever since and no internet. After phonecalls and web chat with various agents no improvement. Router factory reset, agents checked WAN port used with ONT box, serial number of router given to agent to check if router online, it wasn’t. Still no further forward. Considering now cancelling all mobile and broadband direct debits and trying a new provider. Nobody seems to know how to fix. 

18 REPLIES 18

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Reset the router with the recessed "Reset" button. Hold it in for a good ten seconds.

Thanks but already done many times. Kept the pin in the reset hole until all lights on the router went out one by one. Router eventually returns to the same state with the internet light on the router flashing red

Ripshod

The reset should force reprovisioning, but it's clear the provisioning server isn't aware your connection exists. So you need to keep pushing Vodafone for reprovisioning from their end. Here's a way to use Tobi without the ai - just a few security questions to access your account and you'll be chatting with an agent. Make sure you have the MAC address of both the router and the ONT handy (the engineer should have left the ONT's box with you).

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd 

Of course there's the possibility there's a fault with your router, but they should be able to tell you if there is.

Just spent 45 mins on chat again. Agent told me Internet should have gone live yesterday and the line had been provisioned incorrectly. So after giving agent router serial number and more hard resets we are still no further forward. Told to wait an hour, again, so see if Internet comes online. I don’t have any faith it will as I’m just getting the same run around. Agent even suggested it could be a Openreach problem. 

Ripshod

if you haven't done so now is a good time to reset the router (I know - again).

At least you had an agent that accepted the problem. Give it an hour and if no joy try them again. Explain what's already been done. It's the same with most CS these days - to get something done you either have to get that diamond in the rough (about 1 in 4) oor shout loudly at their boss. Please don't shout at them 🤣

Yes, it could be an openreach problem. That was always on the cards. Can't blame the engineers though - they have barcodes to scan so no mistakes in serials or MACs. Could be something stuck in the chain.

Cynric

Plus, my usual heartfelt cry, have you looked in the router logs? The whole point of having logs is that they sometimes show something of use.

Ripshod

I was holding the door open for you 😁

Ok, I’ll dial into the router and have a look

I was able to log into the router a couple of days ago. Now, both on phone and Mac when I enter the routers ip address I get a blank webpage with ‘connection timed out’ message. The plot thickens, who knows what they have done