Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GiGafast And Superfast

Jaspal79
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I cancelled my copper wire BT ADSL broadband and had Vodafone GiGafast where they installed a new box. However, it got cancelled because my flat number wasn't registered on the Royal Mail. My landlord doesn't want to registered all the other flats in the house as there is like another 8 flats. My question is if I wanted Superfast2 instead, will it be using the old copper wire ADSL box, or the new GiGafast box open reach installed to be running off Superfast2? 

Thanks 

JAS

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, here your question rings all sorts of alarm bells here.

If you can't get a router delivered for Gigafast, you are not going to be able to get one delivered for Superfast either.

ADSL is delivered over the phone lines.  In order to get VDSL in your flat, you'll need your own (not shared) phone line into the flat.

You will also need the permission of the landlord, which while it is supposed to be a formality, I suspect you are unlikely to receive if this is an unregistered multi-occupancy residence!

*I have multiple other worries based on what you've posted!

No, I had both ADSL via copper wire with BT which I cancelled in order to get GiGafast, which I did and had a new over reach box installed and everything was perfect, until I got an call from vodafone saying GiGafast requires my address to be registered with the emergency service as the house is on royal mail, but the flat number ain't. So after a few weeks they cancelled my GiGafast. My question is if I order superfast fibre will it be running off the new open reach box BT installed for gigafast & superfast? and will I also have to have my flat no registered on the Royal Mail for superfaat too? Also I have 2 vodafone routers sitting at home doing nothing, so delivery and engineers visit isn't the issue. Thanks for your help

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Superfast will be installed via the same box as the previous BT service.. It should not require registering with the emergency services as it is a standard telephone line. Both ADSL and VDSL are delivered to you over the same copper wires