Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigabit stress

Tomasr2412
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

this is my last ditch attempt to try and get this fixed, got gigabit installed 6 months without fail everyday the service seems to drop connection but all the lights are and solid on hub and ONT box.

contscted Vodafone many many times about this and they tried to help but didn’t really do anything they weren’t sure either no engineer visit offered or replacement router and nobody really knows what wrong. 

has anyone else has these issues? I really don’t want to leave as too much hassle when it works it’s ace but when it doesn’t it doesn’t and there’s no warning lights or loss of service it’s like the broadband just stalls for 10-15 mins if not longer some times. I have the Huawei router on the 500mbs package 

12 REPLIES 12

DisgustedUser
1: Seeker

Hi, I feel your pain. My gigacube hasn’t worked properly since I got it & despite endless complaints to the Vodafone service dept it hasn’t improved. I get frequent automated text messages from Vodafone saying they’re having problems with the service & having to do engineering works & with it constantly dropping out or very poor download speeds. When I tried to cancel my contract due to their inability to provide the service I signed up for they said they’d have to charge me over £600 cancellation fee. When I asked the person to checks my string of complaints to Vodafone he said it was a different dept & he couldn’t access it. The service is absolutely shocking, they clearly know there is a problem hence the engineering text messages but just don’t give a dam. I’ve been with Vodafone for over 15yrs but will be moving to another supplier as soon as my 2yr contract finishes. I strongly recommend anyone looking at using Vodafone for a 4g network connection to seriously consider other more honest & caring suppliers. I just wish I had some way of reporting them to an ombudsman & get back some of the money I’ve had to pay them over the last 2 yrs for no service.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@DisgustedUser wrote:

I just wish I had some way of reporting them to an ombudsman & get back some of the money I’ve had to pay them over the last 2 yrs for no service.

There is, raise an official complaint, and if they don't resolve it to your satisfaction you will reach deadlock. (they have up to 8 weeks to try to satisfy you)

At that point you can take it to CISAS, who if they find in your favour, can force Vodafone to let you leave, and possibly award compensation.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

gipjon

@Jayach wrote:

@DisgustedUser wrote:

I just wish I had some way of reporting them to an ombudsman & get back some of the money I’ve had to pay them over the last 2 yrs for no service.

There is, raise an official complaint, and if they don't resolve it to your satisfaction you will reach deadlock. (they have up to 8 weeks to try to satisfy you)

At that point you can take it to CISAS, who if they find in your favour, can force Vodafone to let you leave, and possibly award compensation.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

100% agree with @Jayach , from what you are saying, sounds like you are already out of the contract because Vodafone cant provide a stable connection and you have the messages on your phone, follow the advice that jayach has given you 

You can also ask for all the information on your Vodafone file. This will help if you take Vodafone to CISAS just fill out the form https://www.vodafone.co.uk/gdpr-sars-form/