Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigaslow Broadband

CooperTomkins
3: Seeker

Came home to find that the 100Mb/s "gigafast broadband" we're paying for is functioning at 2000x slower than that, 0.05Mb/s to be exact.

So naturally I try resetting the network, nothing changes. Then I proceed to go through 4 different chats to try a resolve the issue because they would keep getting disconnected because of the issue I'm attempting to resolve. Every single thing I was told didn't change a thing. I was told to call Vodafone to arrange for a technician to come fix the problem.

However by this time I had spent 4:30 hours straight troubleshooting that it was too late to call.

This entire situation is obviously super inconvenient for me as I'm unable to get any work done at home with the ridiculously slow speeds I am getting.

I'm now expected to wait until tomorrow morning to contact them and then wait a few more days for a technician and then wait for them to fix a problem that shouldn't even be possible in the first place. This completely breaks the contract for guaranteed gigafast broadband and I'm left extremely aggravated by this whole situation, which has yet to even be concluded. Ridiculous!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Quick update: I've been in contact with Vodafone support and they've confirmed that the issue is affecting a large area, being Milton Keynes. They're attempting to resolve the issue and said that broadband speeds should be back to normal soon.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

davidjpalmer71

I'm having the same issues in Milton Keynes. Speed down to less than 1mbps. Started yesterday. 

I'm in Milton Keynes too, glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Waiting for the call to go through now.

Quick update: I've been in contact with Vodafone support and they've confirmed that the issue is affecting a large area, being Milton Keynes. They're attempting to resolve the issue and said that broadband speeds should be back to normal soon.

@CooperTomkins wrote:

Thanks for the update. Saves me a phone call. When they said soon could they not be more specific? 

Yeah, I presume that they're not completely sure how long it should take. Hopefully by tomorrow everything will be back to normal. Fingers crossed.