cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just had line upgraded from 70 to 500. Now have no connection.

belfastbiker
4: Newbie

Anything else I need to do?  Router flashing red.

EDIT: turns out I now appear to have no broadband on my account, ##~##.

Been online, they asked me nothing about cabling, just said it would work by midnight.

The engineer I'm sure did a fine job outside, but he literally was clueless in terms of cabling from new internal box on wall to router.

He orignally though he had to cnnect the old cable between phone socket and router into the new fibre socket.  

When I pointed out the the old copper socket would surely be defunct now, he described an ethernet cable being required, without actually just saying the word ethernet, and said he didn't have one.  Thenkfully, I did.  Then he said it plugged into port 4, and now, I have my doubts that that's even true.  Does the cable between new fibre internal box go into routers port 4 or WAN port?

22 REPLIES 22

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Definitely the WAN port. The engineer would be Openreach or CityFibre, and would possibly have no idea about Vodafone routers. The box the router came in should explain the difference between FTTC and FTTP connections.

I got the router 2 years ago when I had copper 70Mbps installed, the box is long gone.  I was half expecting a new router to be honest, for a refresh at least.  I feel engineers (after first trying to connect the new fibre box to the old phone box, bizarrely....) should know what ethernet cable is, without saying things "I think you need a cable with THAT on the end", whilst telling me he didn't have one.

Switched ethernet cable from LAN port 4, to WAN, at least I've got three white lights, instead of a red flashing one now.

No internet still.  Fingers crossed timefixes that, as the support guy on webchat said it would (although he didn't even check I had cable plugged into right place, the flashing red light should have prompted him to check the basics I feel).

Overall, disappointed with the install experience.

Jayach

If your internet light is now solid white, it should be working.

Can you access this link? Login | Vodafone

from my laptop, using a hotspot from my phone, sure.

Cant even load this page on my pc connected to router.

Restarting router via 192.168.1.1 page on pc.  

My router overview page shows my wifi devices, and says Ethernet WAN in green near the top.

Fibre Status page has Status Up, MaxBitRate 1000Mbps, and Duplex Mode full.

Clicking Diagnostic Utility Diagnose button,  shows everything succeeded/enabled.

I'm concerned that under my vodafone app and web page now, when i log in, I no longer appear to have a broadband account.... only the phone bases accounts..

Jayach

@belfastbiker wrote:

from my laptop, using a hotspot from my phone, sure.

I meant, from a browser whilst connected to the router.

If your internet light on the router is solid white it means the router has connected to Vodafone and been authenticated.

Do you have an IP address on the router?  If you login to the router. under Status&Support you should see something like this: 

Jayach_0-1665445722961.png

Got IPv4 address, Gateway, Primary and Secondary DNS.  three solid white lights on router.

Diags OK, Fibre Status UP, 1000 Mbps.

But nothing works.

I'm concerned that on my general vodafone account, it doesn't look like I have a broadband account anymore, only phone.

Screenshot 2022-10-11 023022.pngScreenshot 2022-10-11 022926.pngScreenshot 2022-10-11 022854.png

By the scrfeenshots, it appears that rather than an upgrade, MY BROADBAND HAS SIMPLY BEEN CANCELLED.

Ripshod

Your broadband won't show on your account until it's been activated. You have sync and you have an IP so you're 90% of the way there. All this needs is for someone to press a few buttons.

Try resetting the router with a pin in the hole at the back to force auto-provisioning - hold it in for a good 10 seconds. If that doesn't bring the broadband up then contact vodafone via chat, avoiding TOBI.

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd